• No
    • Leave it like it is

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this rule change.

As for the Blue Devils "evil laugh" this year, I'd love to see them find a pit instrument that could emulate that sound.

Why? If the laugh was effective why try to find something else? If they would sound the same, who cares.

Why? If the laugh was effective why try to find something else? If they would sound the same, who cares.

Because it wouldn't be using amplified voice.

Here we go again, indeed....

When that "something" becomes necessary to be competitive, then any corps interested in being competitive is obligated to acquire it.

Countdown till Jeff Fiedler quote, 10, 9, 8...

Here we go again, indeed....

When that "something" becomes necessary to be competitive, then any corps interested in being competitive is obligated to acquire it.

So narration is necessary to be competitive?

Tell that to the Blue Devils

i said leave it as is, but would like to see some kind of rule that regulates how much you can use amplified voice in a show. i like how crown and the bluecoats used amplified voice, but the cadets went overboard. dunno if it would work, but if there is some way to keep it from covering the whole show.

though i prefer not to have any amplification at all... using it in good taste such as crown and the bluecoats did was acceptable, imo.

i didn't mind those two shows much and it didn't take away from the music and helped with the effect of the show much better.

having it be the show though? that was just something that all of our opinions have been greatly expressed throughout the forum countless times.

I think we should amend this topic...:

"Prohibit the discussion on DCP of Amplification of the spoken or sung voice"

{_} Yes

{_} No

{_} Leave it like it is

I think this horse is more like pulp now.. .think "Sin City"

(as if anyone really cares.... i voted no.) I don't like spoken voice, but i love the little exclimations and quips that SCV, Bloo, and to a lesser extent, Crown had. In my OPINION, Crown went overboard during finals week. otherwise, voice should stay.... Oh and wouldn't Madison's choral part have been better if they had three or five of them miked?