Drum Corps Films/ Videos ("The Holy Grail")

I've been waiting for the past couple of months for the release of the 1972 DCI Finals from the videos that were found in Jim Jones' library. While waiting, I've been thinking....Is this the video that every drum corps fan/historian has been waiting for?

I also know that there in nothing from 1973 or 1974 (with the exception of DCI Midwest and 3 prelims peformances).

I bought a DVD off of ebay which contained about 2/3 of the 1975 Muchacho's prelims peformance...so, I've seen that one!!

What is the recording that all of us are waiting for to surface? I've developed a real appreciation for the 1965 VFW finals in McCormick Place in Chicago. Has anyone ever seen any film or clips of this show? I've seen lots of still pictures but no film. Does anything exist?

I'd be interested in hearing about some people's wishes. Their "Holy Grail"!

Thanks in advance

P.S. Is there any further progress on the release of the 1972 finals?

I'd like DCI to find the Canadian Broadcast station that covered the 1981 Championships in Montreal. DCI was not allowed to film that year, so they recorded DCI Mid-Western Champ. instead. So many things were changed from Mid-West to Championships.

I heard from many folks that they saw some of the coverage on their local TV stations. There has got to be a copy of it out there somewhere!

I'd like DCI to find the Canadian Broadcast station that covered the 1981 Championships in Montreal. DCI was not allowed to film that year, so they recorded DCI Mid-Western Champ. instead. So many things were changed from Mid-West to Championships.

I heard from many folks that they saw some of the coverage on their local TV stations. There has got to be a copy of it out there somewhere!

Hey Malibu, so would everyone up here !!! b**bs b**bs

The '38 Madison Scouts?

B)-->

QUOTE(Jay B @ Sep 2 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No question in my mind that first on the list would be the 65 Royal Airs. I would take anything, even a practice.

About 15 years ago the Royal Airs alumni put a video together with lots of old footage. They synched old Royal Air music behind the color film. Although it's not a true video of '65, there were lots of shots on there with dubbed music. Not bad.

P.S. Is there any further progress on the release of the 1972 finals?

Steve's been a little busy with a couple of fairly large shows :worthy: - hopefully some progress can be made after the seasons die down.

Having been working lately on a bunch of restorations, I have had to revise my "holy grail" list. Now, mine would include, among other things:

• 1965 Royal Airs
  • 1968-1969 Kilties
  • 1969-1970 SCV
  • the missing 1972 DCI performances
  • the missing 1973 DCI performances

Steve's been a little busy with a couple of fairly large shows :worthy: - hopefully some progress can be made after the seasons die down.

Having been working lately on a bunch of restorations, I have had to revise my "holy grail" list. Now, mine would include, among other things:

• 1965 Royal Airs
  • 1968-1969 Kilties
  • 1969-1970 SCV
  • the missing 1972 DCI performances
  • the missing 1973 DCI performances

There is a 70 SCV on youtube. It looks like a film with a recording added. Its out of sync most of the way, but better than nothing.