Drum corps is the 2009 Rose Bowl Parade?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who witnessed the Kingsmen Alumni tear up the field at Semis will have to admit they are ready for it.

And as someone else pointed out they did an eight day fourteen hour per day camp before their DCI performance. After all of these years their work ethic hasn't changed a bit.

One thing that the entire drum corps community learned about the Kingsmen many years ago....Never count them out of it! :worthy:

Edited by Drumcorpsfanatic

Who are all the corps that have performed at the Rose Bowl? I seem to remember Canadian Knights and Troopers. And Hollywood Knights were on a float the year they were planning on competing a whole season.

A man who teaches at our school is on the selection committee. He feels the Kingsmen have a very good chance at being accepted.

I don't think that was the posters point. The poster was commenting on the 'foolish' part. It would be great to see Anaheim in the parade...doesn't mean the committee is "foolish" if they do NOT select them to march. I think that is what the poster was intimating.

The selection process is complicated and serves to assure representation from every geographic region of the country. It is a matter of phenomenal pride for a band to be selected.

The community of a band I worked with that was selected was so inspired and turned on about their band going to the Rose Bowl that they raised so much money for the trip, the band was able to buy new uniforms with the excess.

Who are all the corps that have performed at the Rose Bowl? I seem to remember Canadian Knights and Troopers. And Hollywood Knights were on a float the year they were planning on competing a whole season.

SCV in 2004.....alums and current members....Jeff Pearson as one of the DMs....in the old school green uni.

One of the few units that made the commentators shut up!

The selection process is complicated and serves to assure representation from every geographic region of the country. It is a matter of phenomenal pride for a band to be selected.

The community of a band I worked with that was selected was so inspired and turned on about their band going to the Rose Bowl that they raised so much money for the trip, the band was able to buy new uniforms with the excess.

NOW, that's what I call community support !! b**bs b**bs

Just a general question, do all the bands in the parade get paid or do they have to pay to get IN the parade ?? :worthy:

I don't believe they get paid. At least, when my band was invited back in 77 they weren't. We did't go (admin refused to let us), but AFAIK it was a freebie...we had to raise the $$$ to attend.