The Cadets & On Q

Kind of like having a football coaching clinic and leaving out Shula, Landry, and Lombardi. Hard to learn to soar with the eagles when you're used to hanging around with the turkeys. Meaning (so nobody misinterprets that): If you want to learn to do what the best are doing, you don't learn it by going to seminars led by no-names. You go to seminars where the best reveal their deepest, darkest secrets.

BD, Cavaliers, Phantom, Vanguard, Crown, Bluecoats... No names?

I think any band program or education students or educators can learn a lot from these corps, and well, they're all at the top of the game... (if this program had say, the Chattanooga Marching Muskrats** doing clinics, I'd say you have a point...)

Not being a part of it is the Cadets choice, and isnce they do their own clinics, I don't see how anyone is really losing out, but rather gaining from this product that's being introduced in ADDITION to what is already out there.

**I apologize to any Former Marching Muskrats if this group does indeed exist. I'm sure you have a fine organization :) .

Edited by DKracing

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their rehearsal and strategic techniques are obviously at the top of the game

Actually, this year it would appear it is the 2nd from the top of the game.

Placement has almost nothing to do with rehearsal and strategic techniques in the top 7. Cadets practice THE hardest of any drum corps.

I agree w/ TxM's post.

The Cadets have been doing a similar education clinic project, called Music is Cool, for many summers now, so I think it's great that the OnQ people are finally joining the party.

Placement has almost nothing to do with rehearsal and strategic techniques in the top 7. Cadets practice THE hardest of any drum corps.

Good to know you've practiced with every corps out there. There's beating, then there's practicing efficiently. Two different schools, both with their pros and cons.

So first off, no disrespect to the corps and instructors participating in this program. However, how can you say "Top Six" and leave out the Cadets??

Who cares about the issues we all have with them..ect ect...bottom line is if ANYONE in DCI is pushing the envelope of creativity and awarness of progression for the activity its The Cadets!

So, what gives?

The Cadets don't believe in On Q. They'll say it themselves in their 2008 sequel program, "And These Are Things In Which I DON'T Believe."

OnQ would be a free day for the Cadets. We... don't get freedays. lol

When we get starbursts... that's a freeday. :-P

I just kept a pez dispenser in my dotbook :P Thankfully the staff didnt come around and randomly check them on the field much last year....

I just kept a pez dispenser in my dotbook :P Thankfully the staff didnt come around and randomly check them on the field much last year....

We took smarties and shoved them in our dotbooks. Staff didn't care at all one time i ate 3 smarties and woooo i never moved that fast in my life. Unfortunately my sugar rush left to an inevitable crash at the end.