after INdy in 2018

Sorry for being Pessimistic Pops, but yeah.

To answer everything,

Yes right now we only have 30,000 TOTAL, but it MIGHT be big enough when the additions are complete, I'll get back to you on that...

Um, as for the blue field on your shoes, no kidding. That field sticks to your shoes like none other, don't know why.

As for them complaining about it being blue...they'll get over it. Everyone else has. ;)

Dealing with cameras and such, it worked fine for BD 03.

AND FINALLY, with you being negative and such, that's fine, doesn't really matter to me, I was going with the OP suggested and said "maybe later". I for one personally agree we won't be big enough any time soon, but who knows in a few - say - 10 years, this place is growing like CRAZY. I've lived here 8 years now and I've known of 3 to 4 new high schools going up, all sorts of expansion projects, and roadwork out the wazzoo. The metro area is actually larger than Spokane now, only behind Portland and Seattle for the largest in the Northwest. The point is, it's growin so who knows.

EDIT: Btw, we don't have enough schools to stay at for a full DCI Finals. Nowhere near. :)

Edited by scadesboi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boise, Idaho, Seattle, Portland, Vancouver are North West. California, Nevada, Arizona south and west. Alot of cities with populations that if coordinated could provide a wonderful tour. Start south and as the weather became hotter, the corps would travel north. Possibilities are there.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe...p;tab=wl&q=

They suck up a lot of hotel rooms during the week.

that year we should just move finals back to the 3rd saturday in August like it was in the 80's

that year we should just move finals back to the 3rd saturday in August like it was in the 80's

Problem is that a lot of kids have to go back to school. That's why they moved to where it is now, if memory serves.

Problem is that a lot of kids have to go back to school. That's why they moved to where it is now, if memory serves.

And related to that, lots of schools aren't available for corps to stay at. Schools moved the start of the semester up and that was really complicating things.

Edited by Michael Boo

I hope my comments aren't too Indiana-centric.

Had to re-read today to get your humor. :worthy:

"With a population of about 600,000, Vancouver lies in a region of more than 2 million people. Vancouver is the largest city in the province of British Columbia and the third largest in Canada. It covers an area of 114 sq km."

75 elementary schools and 18 high schools in Vancouver alone. Not sure of school and accommodation counts in Surrey, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond and other areas that comprise greater Vancouver. Lots and lots of hotels, motels, etc.

Toronto sounds good too and might get a big crowd.

Doesn't sound like enough schools if you're talking about elementary schools. You know how much I rave about Texas facilities, but even my elementary school was not worthy of the Blue Devils, et al.

After Indy?

next highest bidder.

Dallas! Billion dollar stadium! Retractable roof, a/c. Of course, New York goes and puts out plans for $1.4 billion Giants/Jets stadium. But they had to put together 2 franchises in the nation's biggest city to get it done!

You know, that would be the logical and easiest of all choices, huh? What about school schedules? Texas just bumped ours back so this would work were we discussing Texas. What about Indy? What is the school start schedule up there?

Had to re-read today to get your humor. :worthy:

Doesn't sound like enough schools if you're talking about elementary schools. You know how much I rave about Texas facilities, but even my elementary school was not worthy of the Blue Devils, et al.

Dallas! Billion dollar stadium! Retractable roof, a/c. Of course, New York goes and puts out plans for $1.4 billion Giants/Jets stadium. But they had to put together 2 franchises in the nation's biggest city to get it done!

You know, that would be the logical and easiest of all choices, huh? What about school schedules? Texas just bumped ours back so this would work were we discussing Texas. What about Indy? What is the school start schedule up there?

In Wisconsin, the travel industry got the legislature to pass a law saying that schools could not start before September 1. How long before that becomes a nationwide thing?

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

B U F F A L O ! ! !

I still contend it is THE BEST drum corps stadium out there -- not a bad seat in the house in an expansive lower bowl with a perfect upper deck (with new "facilities" in the upper deck since last time), about 35,000 concert side, plenty of parking, plenty of "luxury boxes" for DCI to market, plenty of space for the souvies, plenty of high schools within a decent distance, easy to get to ... sure, the suburb the stadium is in (Orchard Park) isn't actually in Buffalo (it's 15 miles south).

Niagara Falls (30 minutes) ... Toronto (less than 2 hours) ... Cleveland (2-3 hours)... all close for sight-seeing other than drum corps.

OH -- and schools don't start until after Labor Day ...

Edited by BlueR36