Drum Corps Dreams

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for someone to post the topic of dreams! Sorry to inform you, but those drums corps dreams have never gone away for me and it's been 22 years though they've decreased over time; so, I think you might be in for the long run, too. When I marched (7 seasons) the recurrent dream many of us had was "You can't make us practice in our sleep." That one occured over and over while sleeping on the bus floor.

In my thirties I still had dreams about marching and no one would be able to tell I was too old. Now, in my 40's the dream seems to be that there's a hole in the guard and I'm marching for some reason in the show, but my strategy is just to watch what everyone else is doing and just follow along. Obviously, I'm always behind in the work.

The dream I had after attending my alumni reunion was that George Hopkins was yelling at me for hanging out with my husband because he was distracting to me! :P

for about three nights in a row i would wake up in a cold sweat bc i couldnt find my mouthpiece and my horn was "1/2 missing" (dont ask) - then eventually i would just run out to the field and pretend like nothing was wrong

I've been waiting for someone to post the topic of dreams! Sorry to inform you, but those drums corps dreams have never gone away for me and it's been 22 years though they've decreased over time; so, I think you might be in for the long run, too. When I marched (7 seasons) the recurrent dream many of us had was "You can't make us practice in our sleep." That one occured over and over while sleeping on the bus floor.

In my thirties I still had dreams about marching and no one would be able to tell I was too old. Now, in my 40's the dream seems to be that there's a hole in the guard and I'm marching for some reason in the show, but my strategy is just to watch what everyone else is doing and just follow along. Obviously, I'm always behind in the work.

The dream I had after attending my alumni reunion was that George Hopkins was yelling at me for hanging out with my husband because he was distracting to me! :P

haha. i think i might have actually practiced in my sleep. i started counting steps in my dreams. or i'd be half awake and be counting in the opener tempo how long it would take me to do something like pull out my ipod. it's either over work, or OCD... :worthy:

I had a DC dream two nigts ago about playing backfield, nailing G's and super C's, and being able to hear an audience member say "that's way too loud and hurts my ears". Then we were flying (like Phantom on air") across th field and I high fived a colorguard member as we ran by eachother.

I haven't had a drum corps dream in several years/decades, but watching the ESPN2 show and playing in the SCV/BD alumni group probably had something to do with it. My usual dream/DCmare revolved around being on the field and having no idea where to go or what to play.

Mine were similar except that for some reason I always knew the drill, just didn't know the equipment work. Or I joined the season late (always with Freelancers :) ) and I was an equipment girl for the first half and could join the corps and perform for the rest of the show. Even though I was too old there were new rules involved so I could march, but once I got into my late 20s I hated explaining to the people in my dreams why I was STILL marching. Too funny.

I've been waiting for someone to post the topic of dreams! Sorry to inform you, but those drums corps dreams have never gone away for me and it's been 22 years though they've decreased over time

I aged out over 10 years ago and have a lot of dreams about drum corps still. For some reason they kicked into high gear when I was in Air Force Officer Training School. I don't know if it was the regimented environment or what but there were so many then. And then I'd wake up and realize it was a dream and be sad because I was too old to march.

But not any more!!!!! Yeah all-age corps. And my special thanks to SoCal Dream, and yes I still dream about drum corps but now it's more about my current show and not knowing my music. :(

Aw crap, that's how many seasons I marched! Guess I better jsut get used to it :worthy:

I hated those "rehearsal dreams." I would wake up more tired than I was the night before. And it wouldn't even be productive rehearsal, it'd be high mark time for 6 hours, and then run a few laps!

I had a weird dream that I was marching onto the field with Phantom, and I was freaked out because I didn't know anything about the show or stuff like that. It turned out to be the worst night ever.

I used to have the "marching onto the field - don't know my show" dream all the time.

I used to have the "marching onto the field - don't know my show" dream all the time.

That or, in later years, realizing that I've gone through spring training, etc. and am about to march in a show even though I've aged out and could get the corps disqualified. (Funny how stuff like that actually makes sense in the dreams.) The details vary, but the theme is always the same.