Drum Corps Dreams

...Well, anyone can respond to this, but I am wondering specifically about those who marched this summer or pretty recently.

But, I am wondering how many of y'all are still having drum corps dreams, or if you had them during the summer, and what is the strangest one you've had?

I just had one this morning before I woke up, where we were headed back home on the bus after finals, and we stopped at a school that we had stayed at earlier in the season. For some reason I had about 15 bags, and they were all on the bus with me (not under in the storage bays), and for some reason we were on a school bus! :doh: The main goal of my dream was to be able to carry all my bags off the bus in one trip (as often was my goal when getting off the bus in real life), but when I finally got off, we discovered that there was already a Division 2 corps staying at the school, and they were out on the field rehearsing, the gym full of their stuff! I guess in this dream world, most Division 2 corps went on after DCI finals to compete in DCA for several more weeks.

Oh, and did I mention that it snowed during our finals performance? A lot of my time was also spent trying to figure out where the heck finals could have been for it to snow :-P

So yeah, that's my latest weird drum corps dream...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a recurring dream this summer that I marched for a corps in D.C. that went on to win the world championship title.

I had a DC dream two nigts ago about playing backfield, nailing G's and super C's, and being able to hear an audience member say "that's way too loud and hurts my ears". Then we were flying (like Phantom on air") across th field and I high fived a colorguard member as we ran by eachother.

I haven't had a drum corps dream in several years/decades, but watching the ESPN2 show and playing in the SCV/BD alumni group probably had something to do with it. My usual dream/DCmare revolved around being on the field and having no idea where to go or what to play.

I still have finals retreat dreams where my corps' score dropped like 17 points and we have no idea how it happened...

I had that same kind of dream finals night, and woke up and was like "OH THANK GOD." Usually it's the opposite that happens :P

I high fived a colorguard member as we ran by eachother.

That is the coolest dream ever, if only for the part I quoted :)

I had rehearsal dreams (more like nightmares) all through every-days. It was all of us still rehearsing and running reps all night long. Everyone kept saying "Andy, please! It's 3 AM, can we please go to sleep!" Haha, yeap. Every single night.

It was a long time ago, but I used to have dreams about getting on the field and going completely blank and wandering around for the whole show. Of course, thanks to the tick system back then, I made enough ticks to make our corps drop out of finals and then some. What a nightmare that recurring dream was.

I actually haven't had any drum corps dreams since I got home. I had some during this summer of course. But I know that a lot of kids in my corps are still having drum corps dreams even now, nearly a month later. That's unsurprising. I've had indoor dreams long after the preceding season finished... actually probably closer to the subsequent season's auditions!

drew shanefield was waiting to use a bathroom stall after me....i think that was....2 nights ago? weird.