I would like to see Division II/III Champs at Divison 1 Finals

Walter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the current schedule, the winning corps would have little time to celebrate before getting set up for the Division I Finals. I'd love to see them get more exposure, and now that the shows are in the same stadium, who knows?

The shows were in the same stadium in 2006 as well. Part of me has to wonder if the members of the winning corps would prefer to get cleaned up and watch the entire Division I Finals as spectators. Would any of you care to chime in?

It's true that we were scheduled to go on in exhibition. They called it off after div II/III finals ended though. We never got a reason (the corps members . . . perhaps the directors did). It definitely killed the buzz of winning a championship a little though.

Already did Sr. Boo :) We were looking forward to the exhibition quite a bit before the rug was pulled out from under us.

Edited by Nex

I was pretty pumped up for the Rose Bowl performance. I know most of us were. Performing in the Rose Bowl was one of our hype's. Then, it got scrapped last second. But, being on the field for finals retreat was pretty amazing.

Edited by stickman882002

If I was in a corps that had just won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, I would kill for a chance to perform in front of 30,000-40,000

people !!! b**bs b**bs

LET THEM PLAY !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

I peformed in front of 80,000 people in Munich Germany in 1974, now that was a major rush !!! :grrr::grrr:

I would have rather performed in Foxborough in 2005 at the beginning of finals than whatever else we did. there's actually quite a bit of off time between the div II/III finals and div I finals, from what I remember at least. If there was one thing I wish I was allowed to do while I was with ECJ, it would have been to play in "the big stadium".

I would have loved to perform in the Rose Bowl. The opportunity to share the pinnacle of my season with a larger audience is enough to sell me on it.

I think that performing again within a few hours of Div. 2/3 retreat presents a logistical obstacle, and that may have been what doomed it this year.

Why can't they do this for Division II/III, have prelims on Sunday, semi's on Monday and finals on Tuesday ?

That way Division II/III have their own finals and Divsion has their finals and Division II/III can perform at the Dvision 1

finasl with no problem, just a thought !! :lookaround:

Why can't they do this for Division II/III, have prelims on Sunday, semi's on Monday and finals on Tuesday ?

That way Division II/III have their own finals and Divsion has their finals and Division II/III can perform at the Dvision 1

finasl with no problem, just a thought !! :lookaround:

As long as none of their competitions are in the same stadium as Div. I, it would most likely work. It makes little sense to rent a huge 70,000 seat stadium for a crowd of less than 3000.