I would like to see Division II/III Champs at Divison 1 Finals

Walter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16hrs of Drum Corps is too much for any fan. Esp after getting in at 12am from the D1 show. Split the days back up. Which would give the D 2/3 more prep time on a show day which would only elevate the prelims/finals runs. Which would create more buzz and make more people WANT to see them perform. I remember back when D 2/3 shows were in the big stadium at night and the stands were pretty packed.

All I am saying is that if they can find a 5,000-6,000 seat stadium that can can handle the Division II/III prelims, semis and

finals and not have it too far from the Division 1 field that would be great.

But let the winners perform at the Division 1 FINALS !!!! :blink: b**bs ^OO^ :bleah::lookaround:

Next year will be the first time, since the new system that I can recall, that the two stadiums will be this far from each other.

Does a bigger stadium mean more fans will show up? Have to work on getting more fans in that 5,000-6,000 stadium for DCI to not lose money and start putting D 2/3 championships in shopping mall parking lots with metal folding chairs :-)

Next year will be the first time, since the new system that I can recall, that the two stadiums will be this far from each other.

Does a bigger stadium mean more fans will show up? Have to work on getting more fans in that 5,000-6,000 stadium for DCI to not lose money and start putting D 2/3 championships in shopping mall parking lots with metal folding chairs :-)

I never said on blacktop...I said in a park and the parents could bring their lawnchairs. More comfy then.

what if after the div 2 semi's the bring it down to the top 2 or 3 and then have them compete in the big stadium right before the div 1's start? there will be moer fan the div 2's will get way more exposure!