Bluecoats Mellophones

We used the Hammonds too, GREAT mouthpiece! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mello 6 size mouthpiece!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I love how this has turned into a "I love Jared" thread. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just funny.

well I don't "love" Jared. But he does indeed have a lot of friends here... :P

I guess I started it by posting the picture. But only cuz it seemed like a good opportunity...

Ah well... whattaya gonna do? :grouphug:

Do other corps ever write mellophone books that go that high? I don't recall ever hearing any.

007 - Company front after the gun fight and before crazy drill. Mellos play A-Bb-C-DDDD-A. Show ends on D-Eb trill.

Lots more examples in that show but I gotta run for now.

On the Hammond website (http://www.karlhammonddesign.com/educate.php:

Bluecoats

This mellophone mouthpiece is exclusive to the Bluecoats and is based on our 6 diameter rim with a 20 throat and V-cup but does have a slight contour in the bottom of the cup for control. These pieces are a heavyweight version of the 6MP.

6MPh

Hope this helps!!

Thanks - I did not see that.

Chris: When are you putting out a horn ensemble CD? A full CD would sell. Every hornist I've played it for flips out.

Funny you should mention that. I have been talking to folks about another collection - this time we want to do Vanguard tunes for Horn Octet. Already started writing Festive Overture and Music of the Night. We'll see what happens.

007 - Company front after the gun fight and before crazy drill. Mellos play A-Bb-C-DDDD-A. Show ends on D-Eb trill.

Lots more examples in that show but I gotta run for now.

they did a really good job with that D there, and the writing was good for exposure's sake. the 9th in the ballad (last chord) was well played intonation-wise too.

the ending of the show (11:13 on the audio recording) though....yeahhh.....can't win em all, i guess.

the ending of the show (11:13 on the audio recording) though....yeahhh.....can't win em all, i guess.

Well, they are Mellophones, after all!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

• 3 weeks later...

Did you guys have a C in your part at 1:58 on the CD recording (concert F)? Cause I'm hearing something funny there...