Those unhappy with narration, woodwinds, et al...

:doh:

Apparently you don't know how to take a joke...

Lighten up man! :)

You'd be surprised how many people say that who aren't joking, and it's just nausiating.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be surprised how many people say that who aren't joking, and it's just nausiating.

**nauseating

Anyway, I grew bored of my Les Miserables schtick, as funny as it may have been to me I'd rather not get banned for spreading the joy of good music. Anyway, I'd just like to say that I can't wait till drum corps have woodwind sections, and a wide array of electronics. I'd try to draw a parallel between this and George Carlin's "The Planet Is Fine, The People Are ####ed" piece, but I have to wake up early tomorrow. But honestly, why fight it. Woodwinds are coming, and it's going to be great. Music is music my friends. It's all wonderful. I don't understand how anyone could be opposed to the possibilities of the colors drum corps could produce with woodwinds. Hell, maybe strings too! Maybe a drum corps (that isn't Phantom 96) could do Shostakovich justice.

But honestly, why fight it. Woodwinds are coming, and it's going to be great. Music is music my friends. It's all wonderful. I don't understand how anyone could be opposed to the possibilities of the colors drum corps could produce with woodwinds.

Because of the colors we'd lose from the brass (i.e. anything above mezzo-forte).

Anyway, I grew bored of my Les Miserables schtick, as funny as it may have been to me I'd rather not get banned for spreading the joy of good music. Anyway, I'd just like to say that I can't wait till drum corps have woodwind sections, and a wide array of electronics. I'd try to draw a parallel between this and George Carlin's "The Planet Is Fine, The People Are ####ed" piece, but I have to wake up early tomorrow. But honestly, why fight it. Woodwinds are coming, and it's going to be great. Music is music my friends. It's all wonderful. I don't understand how anyone could be opposed to the possibilities of the colors drum corps could produce with woodwinds. Hell, maybe strings too! Maybe a drum corps (that isn't Phantom 96) could do Shostakovich justice.

We were bored of the Les Mis stuff long before you.

And some of us aren't going to go quietly into the night accepting the inevitability of woodwinds. Being a sheep isn't one of my MO's.

Because of the colors we'd lose from the brass (i.e. anything above mezzo-forte).

To be fair, he is right. That's my biggest proble with WW in drum corps (and in marching band to be honest with you). With 72 brass players you either need a LOT of WWs or you need the brassline to play softer... and hopefully the latter will never become the norm so how many WW do you propose adding?

To be fair, he is right. That's my biggest proble with WW in drum corps (and in marching band to be honest with you). With 72 brass players you either need a LOT of WWs or you need the brassline to play softer... and hopefully the latter will never become the norm so how many WW do you propose adding?

Umm, you reduce the brass section obviously.

Umm, you reduce the brass section obviously.

And you really think that's a good idea?