Those unhappy with narration, woodwinds, et al...

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How else will you be able to hear the woodwinds and achieve the proper sonorities? 72 member brass lines sound like poop anyway. Reduce them to say, 50? Raise the audition standards for drum corps, and you can get something pretty amazing.

By reducing the number of brass players than can now march drum corps?

Exactly.

... :blink:

To be fair, he is right. That's my biggest proble with WW in drum corps (and in marching band to be honest with you). With 72 brass players you either need a LOT of WWs or you need the brassline to play softer... and hopefully the latter will never become the norm so how many WW do you propose adding?

I'd suggest there be no upper limit to the size of the corps, and then build an ensemble to provide good balance with as many as I chose to march with my corps.

I'd suggest there be no upper limit to the size of the corps, and then build an ensemble to provide good balance with as many as I chose to march with my corps.

From someone who marches in a 400 person marching band... the field gets awfully cluttered.

How else will you be able to hear the woodwinds and achieve the proper sonorities? 72 member brass lines sound like poop anyway. Reduce them to say, 50? Raise the audition standards for drum corps, and you can get something pretty amazing.

Why are you for turning drum corps into marching band?

Some people like brass lines ripping their face off. To many, that is what drum corps is all about.