2007 Cadets - The most awesome dci moments in one show

I like many really despised this show in the beginning. And like many others I was expecting to receive an 6-8th placement at finals. As I saw it more and more, it became more and more frequently a favorite on my playlists.

I guess I could say I've seen the light. After watching the Semifinals video over and over again, I'm beginning to see that the 2007 Cadets has probably the most awesome "DCI Moments" in one single show. I started losing counts of how many awesome and cool features they had within this show both visually and musically.

large_28109.jpg

How B A D A $ $

Here's just some of the

Symphonic Movement -

-The accelerando and the crazy circles that get faster and faster, that really sets you up for some momentum.

-And BAM! One of the most exciting opening statements I've ever heard, and wow what a hornline statement that was. Coming from only backfield playing to a full face ripper in the most ###### off intensity just gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

-And wow what a company front, you think it got loud when they turned around, but whew, when that thing hits it was full throttle from there.

-Low Brass playing Side to Side attacks over 70 yards! Wow!

-Need I say one of the most ###### trumpet features ever... The Double Tonguing... I was told from a member that every single trumpet double tongued. Now to get your entire section to do that is just showing off, and it really works.

-And you want to applause there... but wow they start playing in every direction, using the Rosebowl to reflect sounds from every angle as they move. What a haunting feeling.

-From then on it was just a wall of sound. Pure early 90s ###### of Cadets is what I seemed to get out of it.

Blue Shades -

-What really impressed me was the subtlety that they began it with. Simple very quite mellophone attacks with no drumline to lose no time. Whew that take a lot of skill there.

-After that the narration really kicks it in by using Humor.

-A great trumpet solo follows before the big hit.

-The park and blow section was absolutely great in its writing. Personally the mellophone runs did it for me compared to SCV's, Crossmen's, and Spirit's versions. While they played these runs to the big hit they were doing some of the fastest and largest block rotations I've ever seen.

-After that, I think the cadets have done the largest full corps triangle rotation I've ever seen at that speed. You can just look at those kids fly at the ends.

Adiemus

-A haunting back field playing (I wasn't fond of this narration so much though)

-Then WHAM! 210+ Beats Per Minute right off the bat. This really impressed me, a show with no ballad, and 2 songs before them at some ridiculous tempos and visual and musical demand... Now they're ending their show with 210 wow. Absolute respect for their endurance.

-Need I say whiplash drill and a trumpet feature that definitely gets stuck in your head.

-A massive wall of sound comes when the entire corps enters. Again, this is 210+! The drill they're marching is almost kaleidoscopic, it changes so fast.

-During the Pit Feature and the Rotating Diamonds with the guard flying through, I thought that I witnessed some of the fastest movements on the field ever.

-Bam and the hornline goes at it again with some crazy sunburst and nova resembling drill move during the drum break. I gotta give the drumline their share of credits. These guys were FLYING at this speed while playing. Absolutely flying left and right while playing. The hornline was doing some of the most physically demanding stuff I've ever seen.

-Need I say it, the push to the end I've seen. A company front that just charges and charges, and the hornline gets louder and louder and louder. These guys just keep going and going. This is the moment where I thought they were just inhuman for what they were doing physically out there and not a single moment of rest. The company front breaks in a ripple and they come back in a complete straightline (WOW). And when you think they were done, they keep goin! Motion like I've never seen before WHILE blasting your face off with VOLUME. Now that's impressive. There wasn't a bar of rest, it was the 2007 Cadets hornline coming at you with all they had. This was truly an amazing ending, in my opinion the demand is second to none. This was a serious serious historical final statement.

------------------

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I have a serious amount of respect for this show. I lose count for how many amazing features they had.

Edited by ZealJ03

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like many really despised this show in the beginning. And like many others I was expecting to receive an 6-8th placement at finals. As I saw it more and more, it became more and more frequently a favorite on my playlists.

I guess I could say I've seen the light. After watching the Semifinals video over and over again, I'm beginning to see that the 2007 Cadets has probably the most awesome "DCI Moments" in one single show. I started losing counts of how many awesome and cool features they had within this show both visually and musically.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I have a serious amount of respect for this show. I lose count for how many amazing features they had.

If I had a copy to watch over and over again, perhaps I could learn to appreciate the show as much a you. I know there was good stuff going on in there, but I was just too distracted to enjoy most of it.

Same here, once I learned to see past the narration, I realized how great of a show it was. It has some of my favorite moments in the season in it.

probably my favorite show of the year, musically and visually. my favorite musical moment of any corps this season is from 3:42 to the end of the opener, specifically the baritone re-entries after the sustain and right before the last chord. i marched elsewhere but hyped on that all season :ph34r:

and that picture is amazing...

probably my favorite show of the year, musically and visually. my favorite musical moment of any corps this season is from 3:42 to the end of the opener, specifically the baritone re-entries after the sustain and right before the last chord. i marched elsewhere but hyped on that all season :ph34r:

and that picture is amazing...

I can't seem to decide between this and Triple Crown...

-Both amazing Brass

-Both awesome drill

I think I like Triple Crown better because of the show design. Musically, This I Believe is better.

From the first time I saw it I loved this show. Narration has never bothered me in the least and it didn't in this show. Besides, I just couldn't get over how amazing the brass line was and the sheer velocity of the drill.

Still haven't seen the full show, but from what I've seen and heard I agree that it really is a great show.