Blue Stars' "Move"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I checked the Blue Stars of LaCrosse, WI's website today for audition info and was elated to see that they moved their winter camps to... Indy?

Any idea on what prompted this move?

I'm thinking it's more central to more performers.

1. Dedicated rehearsal facility the corps will not have to share. The schools they ahve used in teh past have a whole host of events on the weekends, which complicate logistics.

2. They have the location locked down for all camps. In the past, there have been last minute changes from conflicts that have arisen with schools, which causes confusion, unexpected expense, etc.

3. It's minutes from the airport, which makes access easy.

4. The corps examined the geographic chart of the members and staff and determined that there is no net difference on the whole.

5. There are more airline carrier options in Indianapolis, including discount carriers, which makes for cheaper airfare. Minneapolis is the home of Northwest and they control like 90% of hte gates. Tickets there are more expensive.

6. Most importantly, the corps has not moved. They are still based in La Crosse, WI. They just rehearse elsewhere. They have one of their major events and fundraisers in La Crosse coming up - the Oktoberfest. It runs for 2 weeks. The corps has an alumni corps that performs, and they operate a brat stand for 2 weeks. The corps is still very involved in La Crosse.

1. Dedicated rehearsal facility the corps will not have to share. The schools they ahve used in teh past have a whole host of events on the weekends, which complicate logistics.

2. They have the location locked down for all camps. In the past, there have been last minute changes from conflicts that have arisen with schools, which causes confusion, unexpected expense, etc.

3. It's minutes from the airport, which makes access easy.

4. The corps examined the geographic chart of the members and staff and determined that there is no net difference on the whole.

5. There are more airline carrier options in Indianapolis, including discount carriers, which makes for cheaper airfare. Minneapolis is the home of Northwest and they control like 90% of hte gates. Tickets there are more expensive.

6. Most importantly, the corps has not moved. They are still based in La Crosse, WI. They just rehearse elsewhere. They have one of their major events and fundraisers in La Crosse coming up - the Oktoberfest. It runs for 2 weeks. The corps has an alumni corps that performs, and they operate a brat stand for 2 weeks. The corps is still very involved in La Crosse.

All of that plus they had everydays in Indy this year. I would guess they liked the location and want to keep going back.

All of that plus they had everydays in Indy this year. I would guess they liked the location and want to keep going back.

Quite true. The facilities were fantastic and reasonably priced from what I understand.