Spirit Reorganization

tpt43

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you would think that there will be any lack of consistency. The three individuals involved in this re-assignment of duties have been with the corps for a number of years. The former Assistant Director has become the Operations and Management Director...which is basically the same job only he's where the buck stops now. The former Visual and Program Coordinator is now the Director of Programming and Creative Design, which really isn't that far away from his former duties, and with Randy's resume, I'm sure he'll handle it well.

I doubt anyone will notice any difference, as most of these changes have to do with behind the scenes stuff.

Well here here to high hopes for Spirit 08! I only ask one thing. PLEASE GIVE ME THAT WALL OF SOUND THAT I HAVE COME TO EXPECT EVERY YEAR FROM SPIRIT! Every time I hear it, do this... :blink:

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the hornline is pretty pumped too...

Randy was very straightforward with us today. I was happy with what he told us and I can't wait for the announcements to be made public. :sshh:

-Weedy

Who is this guy? Info?

Steve,

Shane is Randy's percussion guy at Choctawhatchee High School, and is the Visual Designer / Battery Arranger for Music City Mystique. Here's his bio from their website.

"Shane Gwaltney has been the Visual Designer for MCM since 2001. Additionally, in 2002, Shane became the Battery Arranger. With Shane's innovative visual designs and arrangements, MCM has reached new levels of achievement including World Championship titles in 2001, 2004, and 2006. He is recognized by one of the true leaders in the indoor percussion activity.

Shane served as a leader of MCM for several years and was an integral part in defining the "Mystique Way" of drumming. He was an original member of Mystique and marched until his ageout in 1999. A member of the MTSU "Band of Blue" from 1994-1996, he served as the center snare for the 4th place PASIC Drumline in 1996. His refreshing arrangements, along with the help of past and present Mystique members, have made their way to the court via the annual presentation of the "MCM OTL", the online warmup for MCM.

Shane now resides in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida where he serves as Percussion Caption Head for the Choctawhatchee High School Drumline (WGI PSO Champion in 2002 and WGI PSW Bronze Medalist in 2003). He also serves as a member of the WGI Percussion Advisory Board."