prospective Cadets Colorguard audtionee

So i have marched drum corps before (2005 Revolution and 2007 Crossmen)and this upcoming season is my Ageout and it is my dream to march Cadets. so i was wondering what a Cadet audition is like. What will April Gilligan be looking for, in a guard member now that she is capiton head. How much is experience a big part of marching there. So any information and tips about what to expect and what i need do to in order to prepare for my audition.

She can be hard on the members, but every guard she has taught got really clean and really good. Just do what you're told and do it well because she will always demand excellence no matter what you're doing. So if you stick it out, you will get good results. Good luck!

Edited by ContrasAreFun

I have heard of her famous "Coming to Jesus" sessions. But WOW..look at was she has done in her years with Cadets is nothing short of amazing.

Edited by Zeke

April, like Gino or anyone else on the staff can be a real hardass at first, and in some ways that continues all year, but as you get to know them, and they get to trust you, jokes become more frequent and things get more fun. Thats because they trust the members to get back to work when its time. Just stick it out that first camp, and have a great time

April, like Gino or anyone else on the staff can be a real hardass at first, and in some ways that continues all year, but as you get to know them, and they get to trust you, jokes become more frequent and things get more fun. Thats because they trust the members to get back to work when its time. Just stick it out that first camp, and have a great time

I used to think Gino hated me during the winter camps...but then I realized he liked me a lot....

....back on topic..

...good point Nick...