DCI 2007, 1st-4th

what? that's absurd.

I hope that you're not saying this because of narration. even without narration, it was one of the best hornlines I've ever heard.

~>conner

yes, it was one of the best hornlines of the year...I stated this...

??? that's exactly why I'm saying it...they were tops in music..tops in marching...but crappy last, for me, on GE, because the narration killed it for me...

It's how my brain works. I wish it didn't. I wish I could set apart the portion of my mind that was listening to that cornucopic, sophomoric attempt at professional narration, but I can't...Cadets are one of my all time favorite corps, and I really, REALLY want to like them...I just haven't been able to lately. It's no one's fault but my own. I can't help how my brain works.

the only corps they might score higher than in my mind this year was Pioneer, but that's because they are the only div. 1 corps I didn't see, either in person or on video...

Edited by skewerz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason that you're not a DCI judge.

Ever heard of objectivity?

I mean, your statement is basically akin to me saying that Crown should've come in last place because I don't like horses.

what the h e double hockeysticks does that have to do with anything? the topic says how YOU (me) would rate the top 4...my personal judging criteria is for musicality and enjoyment...I can put anyone in my top 4 I want. I'm not telling you or anyone that I think the Cadets deserved to be last on the real judging sheets...just in my own little world.

and if you don't like horses, and you placed Crown high despite that fact, bravo..your more objective than me. I could give a crap less about "objectivity." I like what I like...you like what you like...just don't get all mad when you don't like what I like. I could care less, the same as you wouldn't care if I didn't like what you liked.

geesh..he asked for PERSONAL OPINIONS....not competent judging sheets.

what the h e double hockeysticks

Hey man, just an FYI - we can say hell here now. :)

Hell yes! :)

I know....I just wanted to say h e double hockeysticks! :blink:

I know....I just wanted to say h e double hockeysticks! :blink:

Okay, as you were. :beer:

Hell yes! :)

yeah ive noticed, that makes me really happy. hooray evolution.

I agree with the placements, but I think the spread between Phantom and the Cavies could have been smaller. Of course, I haven't seen the finals performances, so this is just speculation...

Yes.

I think way too many drum corps fans buy into conspiracy theories. The judges aren't there to #### anyone over. They place people where they think they should be, not where DCI thinks the corps should be.

I said nothing about where "DCI" thinks they should be, I said where the judge thinks they should be. Judging is going to have personal opinion in it. You said it right there yourself. They place people where they think they should be. If it were easy to just say, "Well, that kid missed a step off, that puts them in 6th place" the system could be completely objective. But, since that's not the case, it's going to have some subjectivity to it. Either they'll like the music, and say the guard work goes well with what they're playing and marching, or they'll simply say it doesn't.