SCV Percussion

To paraphrase Lewis Black says, it is time for a dead staff!!

Okay, just Fred, but bring Bob Kalkofen back...to tech the snare line...Murry on tenors...Kent on bass...keep the plates just the way they are ^0^ ....and Ralph to work musicality.

Hey, like anyone here actually knows what the he## is going on.... B)

Hey -- You're not Jeremy Van Wert! :beer:

Actually, hi Mike! I can see you were a member of some impressive corps. Here's a question for ya -- which may qualify as a new thread: If you could talk to the late, great Gail Royer about one trend in drum corps today, to see what his take on it is, what would it be?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official announcement is up ---> Murray Gusseck is back!

Mason, Gusseck and Benoit to Head up Vanguard Percussion

by Jeff Pearson - October 8, 2007

The Santa Clara Vanguard is pleased to announce the return of Murray Gusseck to Vanguard. Murray joins Brian Mason and Lonny Benoit to lead the Vanguard percussion section.

For the past two seasons, Brian Mason has been the Front Ensemble Arranger and Caption Manager. For the 2008 season, Brian will be responsible for coordinating the percussion caption, in addition to arranging for the entire percussion ensemble.

The Santa Clara Vanguard is pleased to announce the return of Murray Gusseck to Vanguard. Murray joins Brian Mason and Lonny Benoit to lead the Vanguard percussion section.

For the past two seasons, Brian Mason has been the Front Ensemble Arranger and Caption Manager. For the 2008 season, Brian will be responsible for coordinating the percussion caption, in addition to arranging for the entire percussion ensemble.

Tilt please!

(maybe?)

*Faint*

:worthy:

Should be interesting, I have never heard Mason's battery parts
I believe Mason wrote the Cavies book from 94-98 and at least to my knowledge he also arranged for Phantom Regiment in 01-02. Please feel to correct me if I'm off here, just going off by memory. So take a listen to those arrangements.

And yes, let's bring back the tilt, it all started with SCV in 98 and I hope there's no match grip. 94-95 and 05 brought undesireable results.

Also keep checking with TapSpace.com, most likely will see SCV Audition music packets.

Edited by Jeffe77

I think a history check is in order....

I think he meant it in terms of modern drum lines with sans sling.