Carolina Crown's hornline run in the opener

Is it just me, or was this section really impressive? I don't think it was added in till the end of the season, but they pretty much nailed it at finals. Anyone have more info on this nugget? If you haven't heard it or didn't see Crown later in the season, you should really check it out.

Is it just me, or was this section really impressive? I don't think it was added in till the end of the season, but they pretty much nailed it at finals. Anyone have more info on this nugget? If you haven't heard it or didn't see Crown later in the season, you should really check it out.

Do you mean the trumpet run?

And I am not sure, but technically it isn't the opener. It's Stampede 2!

Yeah I heard that on the finals CD. I hadn't heard it until then, so it really jumped out at me. They performed it VERY well, especially with it being added at the very last minute.

haha pakorn...its actually Stampede 3. And yeah, it was added while we were in....Pueblo, Colorado, I believe. They toyed around with that feature all season...it was originally a double tonguing feature, but they decided that just double tonguing there didn't really fit...so they tried having a B line doing runs while the A line did the double tonguing. That worked for a while, then they changed it back to just the double tonguing. Then finally in Colorado they changed it to a full runs section for the trumpets.

haha pakorn...its actually Stampede 3. And yeah, it was added while we were in....Pueblo, Colorado, I believe. They toyed around with that feature all season...it was originally a double tonguing feature, but they decided that just double tonguing there didn't really fit...so they tried having a B line doing runs while the A line did the double tonguing. That worked for a while, then they changed it back to just the double tonguing. Then finally in Colorado they changed it to a full runs section for the trumpets.

No they know my name now! Anyway, yeah I forgot that the percussion feature was considered stampede 2. =\

Regardless, that was so awesome. It really sounds great.

Yeah I heard that on the finals CD. I hadn't heard it until then, so it really jumped out at me. They performed it VERY well, especially with it being added at the very last minute.

:beer: But...but Crown does easy shows..they don't do hard stuff..no way!!! :beer: OMG!!! :sshh: :sshh:

Crown's hornline was just down and clean good. Perhaps it isn't fair to make historical comparisons, but they reminded me of Spirit back when Jim Ott had the line. Clean, crisp and good. Maybe it's a Southern trait. :)