Cadets Hornlines

RaiderLex

I've seen the Cadets in 98,'00'01, and '02, and my favorite is cadets 2002 :rolleyes: , what is your favorite cadet hornline?

best balance, power and sound I've heard in person would be 2000

2000 had some good moments, but certainly can't be considered the best. For winning the caption that year, the line was surprisingly raucous on finals night. Yeah, it had the power, and yeah it was their first year on the Bb's. Still, there was a noticable lack of blend across the line. Cadets have long been one of the most musical corps out there, and in most years you can listen to the line, close your eyes, and imagine that there is only one instrument on the field. Not that year. Especially in the upper voices, it sounded strained. Even if you don't agree with that opinion, you have to consider the last minute and half of show. They simply sounded tired, and came through in their sound. Phasing was a big problem, not to mention the fact that they didn't produce a very full sound. I'm not trying to rag on Cadets. I've heard some great hornlines from them, which is why I can't say that 2000 deserves to be called their best. Surely several other years have been far more musical.

So if you heard better ones, would you at least bother to say which ones they are?!

Guest Nuts4Corps

This is a good question...

I would say 2001 was the Cadets best hornline they have ever fielded, and they were robbed of the high brass trophy.

97 was a very weak hornline..too many notes for them to handle, and the concept of sound within the line was not good.

2000 was good, but could not handle some of the visual things, and the sound suffered at times.

2002 had some problems.

95 was very strong.