2008 Shows

Heck if playing music that folks recognize is chancy then we must be the most risk-takingest corps in DCA based on last year's selections. And we are continuing that tradition this coming season. Not sure if our show announcement has been made public here on DCP. I know its posted on our website. www.gulfcoastsound.org

Thanks! I added it to the list.

There is also a thread about it here in the announcements forum.

Edited by Spandy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Spandy,

Please add The Presidents to your list. I will have our show list ready to announce in a very short while. Let's just say that there will be some old favorites as well as some new things in it. We have Dennis Eveland and Roel Flores writing the brass arrangements, and Mitch Marcovich writing the percussion arrangements! We also have a very talented Corps Director in Jeremy Kirk also!

www.presidentsdrumandbuglecorps.com

Austin Stars show theme is "Stars In The Spotlight: On Stage, Screen and Field". Musical selections will include (but not limited to) 20th Century Fox Fanfare, There's No Business Like Show Business, On Broadway, Out Here On My Own and NBC Chimes Festival.

Done and done. Thanks, guys! B)

The mini-corps will play two distinct shows.

CB!'s BIG PHAT mini-corps Show! - A (mostly) Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band show which includes:

High Maintenence

Hunting Wabbits

Hey, Pachuco/Sing, Sang, Sung

And:

"The Brass-O-Maniacs" - A Cartoon Symphony... to include...

Batman Theme

This Is It (Bugs Bunny Opening Theme)

The Flintstones

The Jetsons

The Simpsons

The Pink Panther

The Animaniacs

Merry Melodies

PLUS:

Peter Gunn

Sway

The Grinch

and more!

Edited by brassomaniac

"Batman Theme"

"This Is It" (Bugs Bunny Show Opening Theme)

"Meet The Flinstones"

"The Jetsons"

"The Simpsons"

"The Pink Panther"

"The Animaniacs"

"Merry Melodies"

"Hunting Wabbits" (Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band version)

this would make for a great mini corps show Tom,.......................

Capital Brass! will have two distinct shows for 2008, plus plenty of tunes "in reserve" for the wide variety of gigs we'll do next year.

Fans of the big band style can look for our Jazz Show that will have lots of improvization and a big, swinging, brass sound... including (but, still subject to some changes):

Peter Gunn

Hey, Pachuco

Summertime

Sway

Serenade in Blue

My Buddy

And, our new production will be drawn from a mix of symphonic and jazz arrangements....featuring well-known tunes and also adding our own taste of jazz, swing and improv.... sure to be challenging and fun to play and a HOOT for fans!

"The Brass-O-Manics... a Cartoon Symphony in Brass" ... including:

"Batman Theme"

"This Is It" (Bugs Bunny Show Opening Theme)

"Meet The Flinstones"

"The Jetsons"

"The Simpsons"

"The Pink Panther"

"The Animaniacs"

"Merry Melodies"

"Hunting Wabbits" (Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band version)

Condensed format for addition to Post #1:

Capital Brass!

Jazz Show: "Peter Gunn", "Hey, Pachuco", "Summertime", "Sway", "Serenade in Blue", "My Buddy"

The Brass-O-Maniacs... A Cartoon Symphony in Brass: "Batman Theme", "This Is It", "Meet The Flinstones", "The Jetsons", "The Simpsons", "The Pink Panther", "The Animaniacs", "Merry Melodies", "Hunting Wabbits"

Wow! anyone going to have any lips left after Flinstones and Jetsons? Those two songs will make me buy the mini corps or what ever recording you guys are on.

Pere Gunn! My Favorite.

this would make for a great mini corps show Tom,.......................

Gary....Jeff G. has been talking about doing this for at least a couple years now (cartoon theme). I'll bet he's a little miffed now :worthy:

Wow! anyone going to have any lips left after Flinstones and Jetsons? Those two songs will make me buy the mini corps or what ever recording you guys are on.

Pere Gunn! My Favorite.

Ha Ha! Glad you like the idea.

I've actually had it mostly done (except the Goodwin piece) since last summer. I didn't want to announce it until I found out if it was likely that we could PLAY it.

But, we got through the whole thing at rehearsal last night, and it appears to be something this group can handle (with some work, of course).

I have been wanting to do "The Jetsons" since I saw Future Corps do it back in (I think) the late 80's. We've been playing pretty much the Future Corps arrangement (plus some improv) with Brass-O-Mania! for the last few years. I've taken a part of the BOM! arrangement to use in this new CB! show.

And we used the "Batman Theme" last year. It was intended to be a warm-up, but it turned out to be a hit for us. Part of THAT arrangement is thrown in here too.

Edited by brassomaniac

GREAT SONGS, and my favorite band of all time "Molly Hatchet"!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear this show !!!!

Been flirtin with disaster,

Yall know what I mean.

And the way we run our lives,

It makes no sense to me.

I dont know about yourself or,

What you want to be - yeah.

When we gamble with our time,

We choose our destiny.

Now this is a drum corps anthem if there ever was one. Can't believe it hasn't been done before. Haven't seen the charts yet, but given the quality of last year it should be rockin' to say the least.

Should be some meaty brass stuff too...

YUM.

Rock ON!!