Looking for 89 Blue Devils music

sopranoman6000

he NAILED that solo EVERY single show/rehearsal/run of the piece the entire season EXCEPT DCI Finals night................

That was a tough, exposed solo. He stumbled at one other show that I saw you guys that year. It may have been Bloomington or St. Louis. I'm not sure which one. It was asking a lot to have him "on" for an entire summer.

I had an "out of body experience" watching that live on TV. I cannot imagine what it was like on the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a tough, exposed solo. He stumbled at one other show that I saw you guys that year. It may have been Bloomington or St. Louis. I'm not sure which one. It was asking a lot to have him "on" for an entire summer.

I had an "out of body experience" watching that live on TV. I cannot imagine what it was like on the field.

I can only imagine what it must have been like to hit the note all year and then the last time you go up to hit it, then then miss it and try to get it but only splat splat splat. But you have to admit, the recovery of the double A was very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
As the most admirable Frank Williams always says..."Live by the soloist...die by the soloist."

but one thing that you must do is keep playing no matter what happens

That's one of the best things about being a sosloist, you want as much exposure as you can possibly get, and if you mess up then you feel kind of embarassed. but at the same time, he did a great job all season from the recordings i've heard.

That's one of the best things about being a sosloist, you want as much exposure as you can possibly get, and if you mess up then you feel kind of embarassed. but at the same time, he did a great job all season from the recordings i've heard.

Don't think I have ever experienced embarrassment from a solo. Whatever you play, then thats the music, ya know. With specific regard to what happened in '89, dude in my skewed reality I really dug the result. Can someone really say a solo is bad or good? It is what it is.

Ok, here is another example. Listen to Dizzy G. play in his style, just about anything. At times a purist can argue about tone quality and breath support, or whatever, but dude.. its Dizzy. Thats just his style.

Now if it was a soli, then thats totally different. You have to play matched or its just plain wrong. I have experienced embarrassment on the field over this issue.

You've got a point there BC, but to me you can determine wether a solo is good or bad, if the soloist is on the beat, in time, in tune, and doesn't make many mistakes, it's a good solo. my solo in total eclispe sucked all year, except for Alpheretta. but solos are what they are, you're right on there.

Don't think I have ever experienced embarrassment from a solo. Whatever you play, then thats the music, ya know. With specific regard to what happened in '89, dude in my skewed reality I really dug the result. Can someone really say a solo is bad or good? It is what it is.

Ok, here is another example. Listen to Dizzy G. play in his style, just about anything. At times a purist can argue about tone quality and breath support, or whatever, but dude.. its Dizzy. Thats just his style.

Now if it was a soli, then thats totally different. You have to play matched or its just plain wrong. I have experienced embarrassment on the field over this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

does anybody know anything about where he is or what he is doing today? j/c

Guys name is Dan Halperin.