same last name as famous soloist George....

is the last name sidemouth or richardson?

Why can't Drum Corps people pay attention to details / directions / rules? LOL

He said,

"Did #4 have the same first name as a famous soprano who played both St. Rita's & Sky?"

Puppet

Then the first 3 letters of both his first and last name are identical. :smile:

So, #4's last name is the same as that famous Parlement Of Fowles author's first name?

Really?

Puppet

So, #4's last name is the same as that famous Parlement Of Fowles author's first name?

Really?

Puppet

If you are referring to Geoffrey Chaucer I believe the orginal spelling was "Foulys". If you are to use the spelling "Parlement" then I believe "Foulys" would be the proper context. However if you chose to use the word "Fowles" then I believe once again that "Parliament" would be the proper context. And your ephemeral presents really speaks volumes.

But back to the task at hand. As I said in an earlier post the fourth recognizable person in the picture is Butch Anderson. If we are referring to the fourth drummer, my post number 11733 was actually a question. Sorry I placed a period instead of a question mark. :smile:

Edited by NYSkyliner

If you are referring to Geoffrey Chaucer I believe the orginal spelling was "Foulys". If you are to use the spelling "Parlement" then I believe "Foulys" would be the proper context. However if you chose to use the word "Fowles" then I believe once again that "Parliament" would be the proper context. And your ephemeral presents really speaks volumes.

But back to the task at hand. As I said in an earlier post the fourth recognizable person in the picture is Butch Anderson. If we are referring to the fourth drummer, my post number 11733 was actually a question. Sorry I placed a period instead of a question mark. :smile:

Of course you are correct. The learning curve is rather steep here - can't get away with anything. Well, I did actually try to work out the last name and clue it from your "Then the first 3 letters of both his first and last name are identical." statement. Are you sure this guy didn't come down with the Shoreliner kids? I didn't march 1973 so I'm only guessing for sure. A couple more hints, though ... I could get lucky. I am having fun, though.

Puppet

Of course you are correct. The learning curve is rather steep here - can't get away with anything. Well, I did actually try to work out the last name and clue it from your "Then the first 3 letters of both his first and last name are identical." statement. Are you sure this guy didn't come down with the Shoreliner kids? I didn't march 1973 so I'm only guessing for sure. A couple more hints, though ... I could get lucky. I am having fun, though.

Puppet

:smile: Please pardon my being abortively pedantic, I rarely get the opportunity. I really prefer being a little bit of a rabble rouser and can do so with the best of them. Just ask, oh just about anyone here. I've got some real good friends throughout this thread and there are some that, well, we just avoid contact for some very good reasons on both sides.

At any rate welcome aboard, relax, have fun. And, as you can see, the Fidget has already indicated that my "guess" was wrong. I was going for Robby Robinson. But hey, just goes to show that the "learning curve" you referred to ain't all that steep. :smile:

Oh, a quick question. Is your first name Peter by any chance?

Edited by NYSkyliner

Quick recap of info on the #4 snare drummer:

He came out of Queens, NY. He was a drummer in the OLS 'Stormy Knights' in the 1960's. (Taught by Howie Reiff -- some older drummers might recognize that name!). His father (same name) was director of the Knights.

He went on to play in St. Rita's Brassmen for several years in the same line with Mark Holub and John Oddo in the early 1970's. I believe '73 was his last year. He marched in the 'Bill's Boys' alumni corps on Long Island.

He played in Sky in 1980 and 1982. He was in the Sky Alumni in 2004 and 2005. He has taught several NY area parish drum corps over the past 25-30 years.

New info: He also currently teaches the Emerald Grenadears, and plays in the Cabs Alumni.