Speaking of Baseball, name the shortest player to ever play in the Majors. Clue: it is an Italian name that rhims with spaghetti. Anyone care to guess who?

Rizzutto? :lookaround:Wait a minute, Cossetti? :sad:

Edited by NYSkyliner

As Groucho would sing:

Lydia, oh Lydia, that encyclo-pidia.

Oh Lydia The Champ of them all.

She once swept an Admiral clear off his feet.

The ships on her hips made his heart skip a beat.

And now the old boy's in command of the fleet,

for he went and married Lydia!

:-)

Dang! You beat me to it. :sad:

Speaking of Baseball, name the shortest player to ever play in the Majors. Clue: it is an Italian name that rhims with spaghetti. Anyone care to guess who?

That would be Eddie Gaedel who, at 3'7", played just one game in 1951 for the St. Louis Browns. He was sent in to get a walk and was told by his manager that if he swung at any pitch, there was a sharp-shooter in the stands ready to shoot him!

Of those who were regulars, I would have to say Fred Patek of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Kansas City Athletics (1968-1979).

He stood 5'4" and was once asked "How does it feel to be the shortest guy in the majors?" He replied "Better than being the shortest guy in the minors!".

Who do you think it is, Duke?

Ray

I cry foul on this!!!!!

Risotto is made with rice, NOT pasta.

And to be more specific, it's oborio rice.

Sheesh, doesn't anybody watch Lydia?

I said an Italian food dish. Andy said pasta. :thumbup:

That would be Eddie Gaedel who, at 3'7", played just one game in 1951 for the St. Louis Browns. He was sent in to get a walk and was told by his manager that if he swung at any pitch, there was a sharp-shooter in the stands ready to shoot him!

Of those who were regulars, I would have to say Fred Patek of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Kansas City Athletics (1968-1979).

He stood 5'4" and was once asked "How does it feel to be the shortest guy in the majors?" He replied "Better than being the shortest guy in the minors!".

Ray

Was Eddie Gaedel the midget that Bill Veeck sent to the plate?

Frank Crosetti.....2nd base NY Yankees..........no relation

Neither did John Goodman, he just played one in the movies!

[/quote

Duke thought it was Joe

Ray

Ray

Everything you write Ray describes Cossetti, although the 3'7" may be a STRETCH.

Was Eddie Gaedel the midget that Bill Veeck sent to the plate?

That's him, Robbie. And Bill Veeck ( as in wreck ), the man about whom it was said " he throws nickels around like they were manhole covers." He was kinda tight with a buck. I would say he learned all he could from Charlie Comiskey, another wild 'spendthrift' ( Think "8 Men Out").

Ray