Ed for many years wrote for both Drum Corps News and Drum Corps World. He has been involved with drum corps all his life and yes, is a former PR Director of DCA. Ed Cagney is a giant in the activity and deserves any help we can give him in his golden years...

Well-said, Tom. Ed is a great guy... one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet, in or out of drum corps.

Fran

Although you folks have created a ton of laughs for me...

I'm very worried about a friend of ours..

I haven't heard from him in a while and he's usually very quick to to reply....

He hasn't answered his email or his phone. I'm very worried about him.

His name is Adrian Kuiper... he used to write a colulm for DCN called Kuipers' Korner

He marched in the Patterson Cadets ... here's a pic...

Adrian in Patterson Cadets 1957

Thanx in advance!!

This is breaking my heart... he's an absolute sweetheart!!!

A couple of folks thought I was taking this a bit too far...

I hope I am!!

Please.... someone let me know what is going on.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe Adrian Kuiper passed away last month. We in the Caballeros Alumni Corps received an Email stating that he had passed. We are all very sad about it. He was a wonderful guy and a true gentlemen and of course a great Caballero.

Chris Sortino

Caballeros Alumni Corps 1994- Present

Hawthorne Caballeros 1967-1977

St. Lucy's Cadets 1963-1966

Another sad note from Pittsburgh, Mike Blazer, long time percussion player, arranger, teacher with most all the top corps in Western Pa lost his wife a few days ago according to folks in Steel City. We were told today at a parade. I know he was connected with the Rockets, Royal Crusaders, CD of A, Steel City to mention a few.

so does anyone know just where we're at on this thread? i have completly lost track. well we all know how easy that is for me. :worthy:

so does anyone know just where we're at on this thread? i have completly lost track. well we all know how easy that is for me. :worthy:

Hello Don,

Nanci's last post was in regards to the where abouts of one Adrian Kuiper, which was followed by Chris Sortino's response indicating that he had passed away awhile back. He REALLY was a great guy. Since then Nanci hasn't posted anything. L guess a little mourning time is in order here. Adrian will be writing for the Drum Corps in the SKY.

RIP Adrian.

Hello Don,

Nanci's last post was in regards to the where abouts of one Adrian Kuiper, which was followed by Chris Sortino's response indicating that he had passed away awhile back. He REALLY was a great guy. Since then Nanci hasn't posted anything. L guess a little mourning time is in order here. Adrian will be writing for the Drum Corps in the SKY.

RIP Adrian.

thanks mike. i should have read back a little bit. i remember him.

RIP +

The last Guess Who pic was the shot of BSGK & Sky DM's getting checks from the preacher and all 3 were indentified. I guess we are waiting for NanciD to post another shot. I was hoping to catch NYSkyliner saturday at the Brentwood PA 4th of July parade without his name badge. He didn't show up however. I had mine. The most amazing thing at the parade was 80+++ year old Riggie Laus marching the entire parade, playing high "G"s, and looking like he could do it over again at the end.

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who wears their namebadges # 294 ?