Just putting it back on top... for newbies

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

One @ a time, please... Left to Right: Guess Who # 485 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

One at a time, please...Left to Right:

1. Mark Plotts - Westshoremen

2. Jimmy Russo - Caballeros

3. Andy Gargano - Sunrisers

4. John Macri - Sunrisers

5. ?? ??

His Mom and my Mom became friends and would often plan and sit together at shows. He came from good stock! Great people!!

Come to think of it... I introduced myself and then my mom to him and some time later... he introduced his mom to my mom. Many of you know my mom.... in less than a month... she'll be 86 years young!! SHE is my Drum Corps Hero!!

• Like 1

Come to think of it... I introduced myself and then my mom to him and some time later... he introduced his mom to my mom. Many of you know my mom.... in less than a month... she'll be 86 years young!! SHE is my Drum Corps Hero!!

so she's good stock. and so is her daughter..........or queen! thumbup.gif

so she's good stock. and so is her daughter..........or queen! thumbup.gif

Awwwww

You big suck up!! LOL

Thanx, Honey!

But, back on topic...

I recall having a picnic type lunch with him and his mom.... can't recall the year but, anyway... he said something about his corps just plain wasn't up to par that competition and rightly didn't deserve to win.

That, to me, is a class act.

My memory was off in my reply to Andy but found a picture of the scoreboard. IIRC, this is the pic that the NY Daily News ran with a short caption of what happened.

Full Masslive article with pic

729420acc423d10fd60e6a70670045a0jpg-c3347979dafc93ea_large.jpg

THANKS Jim!! worthy.gif

my only real experience with him came in 2000 when I taught there...he came in the weekend his academy was at West Chester and gave the corps a talk. So focused, so intense, but still a Buc thru and thru.

I do have two favorite moments tho

in 82, when Westshore had Tommy Sipe chucking those rifles in the air, my little brother, all of 4, went up to him at Carlisle and told him about how he liked him, but about what Tommy was doing. he was so gracious talking to a 4 year old never missed a beat and said "I'll have to work harder!"

make it 3 memories...87...in the rain at prelims/finals....with a cast on his wrist...didn't drop a #### toss

and in 2005 before Bucs victory run. Josh Decker, then Bucs DM, was one of his best pupils. before they started the run, Josh climbed up on the box, and down on the field, he was there, in his corps jacket, saluting Josh. The last DM to conduct a Bucs champion saluting the newest one.

2005 DCA Champs - Bucs, George Parks & Josh Decker (THANKS knightsbari for this "once in a lifetime" photo! worthy.gif)

Though this photo is a little dark, George stood there, saluting Josh, and waited until Josh saw him and saluted him back... (goosebumps moment)

th_2005DCAChampBucs-GeorgeParks_JoshDeckerVictoryConcert-knightsbari-DCP.jpg

Awwwww

You big suck up!! LOL

Thanx, Honey!

But, back on topic...

I recall having a picnic type lunch with him and his mom.... can't recall the year but, anyway... he said something about his corps just plain wasn't up to par that competition and rightly didn't deserve to win.

That, to me, is a class act.

yeah i'm just doing a peashey..............tongue.gif

2005 DCA Champs - Bucs, George Parks & Josh Decker (THANKS knightsbari for this "once in a lifetime" photo! worthy.gif)

Though this photo is a little dark, George stood there, saluting Josh, and waited until Josh saw him and saluted him back... (goosebumps moment)

th_2005DCAChampBucs-GeorgeParks_JoshDeckerVictoryConcert-knightsbari-DCP.jpg

Cool pic.!

(Carl stands out like a sore thumb) LOL

• Like 1

Cool pic.!

(Carl stands out like a sore thumb) LOL

And I think that might be Donnie Solinger in the middle ... something about the hair (or lack there of) ...

:-)