Waiting to load the bus in 2007 for the short ride to the Alumni Spectacular, I found these 2 seated at a picnic table outside of the Radisson. I sat down directly across from them, fully sensing what was about to transpire.

Out came their omnipresent snare sticks, and they proceeded to throw down a smorgasbord or rudimental permutations.

Now I've been around some great drummers, and some great lines, in my corps career. And they always were wound up tighter than cats.

But this pair woodpecked away, and not a bit of tension was discernible as I observed their hands and forearms at close range. Fluid and totally relaxed, they ran through an amazing repertoire of duet material.

A picnic table never had it so good. And I thoroughly savored this up-close-and-personal demonstration of snaredrumming mastery.

(But once I got on the bus, I did NOT sit in the seat in front of them.)

Icing on the cake.... would be if Javier was making it a trio!

Oh, he DID slide in after a short while. Sequentials galore were in order. Accents popping out everywhere. (I just couldn't remember whether to spell his name with a J or an X.)

I hope not like Bubba the Love Sponge.............. :worthy:

i dunno, I like BTLS

No doubt that would lead to food poisoning.

After Clear Channel Communications took something in the neighborhood of a $250,000 fine, they cut him loose. So what does he do, he hooks up with Howard Stern.

Birds of a feather I suppose.

yeah and now they make a ton of money....so who wins? :worthy:

Certainly not the pig..............

given we're talking Stern, Bubba and actual swine, you must be pig specific :worthy: