Old Mini-Corp..

I wanted to take a moment and thank Scott for posting this link. The OMT experience is one that I will always relish; it was so cool to be associated with the group. There are a few other notable names involved with the project - Roy Chambers (drill), Laurie Nielsen-Hall, Dave Linton, and Larry Marchewitcz, among many others. (sorry if that is a butchering of the spelling, Larry!).

Rock on! :blink::blink::laugh:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and here when I saw the title of this thread "Old Mini-Corps", I thought it was gonna be about Jimbologna b**bs

... if that was the case, the title would have read: OLD mini-corpster ... LOL ...

Andy "let's here for the Little People" Lisko

I got yer "JimBologna" and "let's hear it for the little people".........you guys just love to stick it to the vertically challenged.......

but to not digress........thanks for that link........good stuff AND waaaay back in '88, too. I remember Hip Pickles had a brass component.....you have to admit that there's no limit to the creativity in the activity.

Good comment about the "up" look Gary and right on. That IS why the venue should be equal to the performance.

Also, it would seem that we have a consensus that mini corps is a good thing and has been a good thing for many (many) years.........I could say that prior to the nom de guerre 'mini corps' 'The Joe Schultz Cadets" changed DCA I&E by being the first 'mixed ensemble'. The next year they called it minicorps.........I played shofar......

Jimbologna (not from Lebanon)

I wanted to take a moment and thank Scott for posting this link. The OMT experience is one that I will always relish; it was so cool to be associated with the group. There are a few other notable names involved with the project - Roy Chambers (drill), Laurie Nielsen-Hall, Dave Linton, and Larry Marchewitcz, among many others. (sorry if that is a butchering of the spelling, Larry!).

Rock on! :blink::blink::laugh:

Thanks Rick! Glad you could fill in more info for that year! I noticed now that people know (or can know) what OMT was, I see you added it to your Sig...Christ your old! Don't you ever take a year off? :P

Guess I'll have to update my sig too! :)

I'm happy I could introduce OMT to the masses in a way that was not available at the time.

Great find, Chris!

I'm trying to get my head around the potential of a kid with 10 years of field battery experience under his belt who's still not old enough to drive.

God help us all of this Japan ever decides to make a run at fielding a top 12 corps (junior or senior).

Also, there's a special wing in heaven for the drill instructor with the patience to keep this little group focused.

Great clip!!

That's good stuff Scott, but not the same watching it at home instead of downstairs at the fire house with all you guys!!!!!!! :(

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction Scott.

This is the second year of One More Time and there was a 3rd. I played baritone in the first 2 years.

This was alot of fun and it was interesting to see the reactions from winter guard people when we showed up at their shows. Eventually they started to recognize us and we got pretty good reactions.

Thanks for digging this up.

Correction Scott.

This is the second year of One More Time and there was a 3rd. I played baritone in the first 2 years.

This was alot of fun and it was interesting to see the reactions from winter guard people when we showed up at their shows. Eventually they started to recognize us and we got pretty good reactions.

Thanks for digging this up.

Yes, Rick corrected me also about '86, however there was a fourth year ('90) as well... So for the record, OMT performed from '87 through '90...You were in the first two, I the last two....Coincidently, it was this tape that was a recruitment tool and got me wanting to do OMT in the first place! The last two years, were...well..not quite up to par, so they are not meant for the masses....

Thanks though for performances! :satisfied:

Edited by Sunrizer