youtube comments

i am not normally a serious poster. i am pretty sure that at least 90% of what i post is meant to be funny(even though you may not laugh at it, at least i do)

but i came across something that truly hurt and disturbed me.

i was doing a search for drum corps videos on youtube and found a video of myself and the rest of the 2007 spirit hornline playing Georgia in the lot at finals. i saw some positive comments and wanted to see what other people thought. i found a lot of great comments but also found a few that were degrading to the corps and to the other posters. and when i say this, i dont mean in the dcp "you suck", "no you suck" kind of thing. people were outright trying to destroy each others charicter. i didnt know if it was just that video or even just us. so i checked some other videos and found that many drum corps videos have someone who thinks that they know it all, making horrible comments. i was just wondering if anyone on there truly realizes that these kids find these videos and read the comments that are left. just a concern

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said, it's just people who think they know it all. Mostly high school kids, from my experience. I wouldn't worry too much about it, these kind of comments are on every video on YouTube. It could be the greatest piano played in the world and there'd be comments like, "He sucks!""I know at least 3 people who are better!""Oh look, he messed up!"

It's just people who don't know any better and use the anonymity of the Internet to project their ignorence onto others.

i am not too worried

its just that i know that my freinds and i love to find cool videos that fans take and it sucks when people crap all over it

Youtube comment boards are disgusting. Oh, and everyone with a Youtube account either marched in a top corps or is better than the people in the videos, or is being taught by someone in the video...but in any case they are all better than you....it's ridiculous.

Here's the thing...

Look at any video on Youtube. No matter what is is, someone will always mouth off either in a sexual or derogatory way about the content.

Most of the people who post comments on there are either jealous or idiots.

Take them for what they're worth...which is nothing. :)

Here's the thing...

Look at any video on Youtube. No matter what is is, someone will always mouth off either in a sexual or derogatory way about the content.

Except on my videos, cause no one ever comments on them at all :(