OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Vagabonds83Lynngoofingoff.jpg

Members of the General Butler Vagabonds goofing off, probably post Lynn, MA prelims, 1983. Ssnare, Paul Devlin (Later BAC) and bd#5, Dean Minto in front-Infamous buses in back.

Vagabondsboysbus83.jpg

General Butler Vagabonds, 1983. Baritone Harold Washington, BD Dean Minto and Quad, Paul Gilliland.

DougieDennisMyers.jpg

Drummers with rifles, RUN! General Butler Vagabonds, 1984 somewhere before Marion, I suspect, Ray Dugan (later BAC, Bluecoats & Phantom), Quads, and Dennis Myers, BD. Soprano Paul (?)

Chuckleeuniformandstaffpin.jpg

At the end of the 84 season. My 85 staff pin above.

I'm ashamed to admit that our tenor line was very proud to have all grow long and full mullets for the 84 season, (notice Ray Dugan's mullet above, and mine pictured here, would often fluff up into a King Louie XiV in high humidity. On good days, my mullet looked like Prince circa Purple Rain-on bad days, Louie Xiv and it's a bad hair day in the picture above.

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77

DougieDennisMyers.jpg

Drummers with rifles, RUN! General Butler Vagabonds, 1984 somewhere before Marion, I suspect, Ray Dugan (later BAC, Bluecoats & Phantom), Quads, and Dennis Myers, BD. Soprano Paul (?)

The short shorts look good on the guys too! :thumbup:

Yeah, shortie shorts with the high tube sox-what a look!!! I have a picture of myself somewhere-banging on my quints at 118lbs, wearing shortie shorts, mullet, headband, tube sox. What a mess....

The short shorts look good on the guys too! :rolleyes:

Yeah, shortie shorts with the high tube sox-what a look!!! I have a picture of myself somewhere-banging on my quints at 118lbs, wearing shortie shorts, mullet, headband, tube sox. What a mess....
Ha! I remember having to ask a couple of people what a "mullet" was! I just got through watching a movie called "Joe Dirt"....Tube socks for gals and guys were a must in the late seventies and head bands, (the scarf kind) were cool! Don't forget the infamous tan lines from the harness and snare strap!

Ha! I remember having to ask a couple of people what a "mullet" was! I just got through watching a movie called "Joe Dirt"....Tube socks for gals and guys were a must in the late seventies and head bands, (the scarf kind) were cool! Don't forget the infamous tan lines from the harness and snare strap!

Watched “Semi-Pro” 2 weeks ago, hey, shorts and retro-tunes. Short shorts, tube socks and we added plaid flannel shirts similar to what Pam and Tom are wearing on page 4 and 51 of this thread also made popular by “Bob & Doug McKenzie”. Off topic but the SCTV crew was in town for a few years, studio was down the street from us, too funny. Long story short, this photo, late 70’s, was taken in Alberta by me, originally from Ontario, of my friend Sue’s hair-do (she’s from Ontario), hair styled by Jean, my friend Pam’s sister (both from California).

1978-aag1-a.jpg

One of the many hardworking and talented drummers, both male and female, that I had the privilege to meet. Sue Butler marched with Etobicoke Crusaders and (if I remember correctly) was a snare drummer for Oakland Crusaders 1975. Her sisters Janet and Joan also marched drum corps.

Somewhere during our west coast tour 1978. Long story short, did a half time show at a bullfight in Tijuana, overnight in San Diego, north to watch DCI finals in Denver, then home. I wore corps buttons as earrings for this picture, ouch :tongue:

1978-aag2-a.jpg