Music stands in Mini Corps

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look - Electronics AND music stands!

electronic_music_stand.jpg

Nice pull. I saw Ray Connick, Jr.'s band using a prototype system very similar to this in the late 90s. It had a lot of bugs at the time that they were sorting out. The foot pedal on the system you're showing (I believe) scrolls the music or actuates a page turn.

Ray's system automatically scrolled the music and he would incorporate music changes that the band wouldn't know about until they were reading the charts. I can imagine that would keep the band on its toes!

Yeah, but what are them hill and valley things on the page????? I need new tri-focals!!!! B)

J

$1399.95 :blink::blink::worthy::worthy:

and not one hit on ebay :( !!!!

PS: Cool piece of music!!!

Nick wouldnt like those. I bet Erie wont use them. At Least not in mini corps.

Nice pull. I saw Ray Connick, Jr.'s band using a prototype system very similar to this in the late 90s. It had a lot of bugs at the time that they were sorting out. The foot pedal on the system you're showing (I believe) scrolls the music or actuates a page turn.

Ray's system automatically scrolled the music and he would incorporate music changes that the band wouldn't know about until they were reading the charts. I can imagine that would keep the band on its toes!

Yeah that was Harry Connick, Jr. I remember reading about the bugs in the systems. If it was set to touch screen then if they were outside, bugs could turn the page by landing on the screen!

I've seen one and I don't think it's worth the money. Neat toy, though. It does have the ability to enlarge, scroll, etc. but the one I saw wasn't good at an angle, so it would be tough to share, as in the way two people may share a music stand or brains, if it's memorized :P

The hill and valley things, Jim. That's called the world of wind winds. Don't be concerned - we're not going there.

Does Donny like them hii and valley things, Nick? What are they? Huh? They're archipelago's???? :blink:

Joebaloney

Donny likes music stands!

Does Donny like them hii and valley things, Nick? What are they? Huh? They're archipelago's???? :blink:

Joebaloney

Mapquest now has a charting feature that will get you from any measure in a song to the end ... AND ... you can reverse the chart and play the music BACKWARDS!!! ... for dyslexic readers it automatically tansposes alternate notes so that they are in the proper sequence when read ... for blind readers (yeah, I know) it plays the chart for you ... for short players ... oh right ... I can't go there ... for drummers, it gives directions to the nearest BAR ...

:-)

I think these are good for mini corps, especially Erie. I also think Nick would look good on stage with one of these.

Nick likes stands.

Donny

Yeah that was Harry Connick, Jr. I remember reading about the bugs in the systems. If it was set to touch screen then if they were outside, bugs could turn the page by landing on the screen!

I've seen one and I don't think it's worth the money. Neat toy, though. It does have the ability to enlarge, scroll, etc. but the one I saw wasn't good at an angle, so it would be tough to share, as in the way two people may share a music stand or brains, if it's memorized :P

The hill and valley things, Jim. That's called the world of wind winds. Don't be concerned - we're not going there.

I'm with you. I prefer the old analog version music stand.

Although, I wonder if they would consider marketing a "Roy Clark Big Note Songbook" drum corps edition electronic stand for those of us who are becoming visually impaired. Possibly to include fingerings or at the very least beer advertisements.