Hops Blog

Spending the night on the Cadets ..

Been making notes on charts for meeting tomorow with Eric.

So much wonderful material ... so much .... and it is going to be a wonderful show.

For me, at this juncture, it.s about the angle, or the story, or the reason for being.

How to make people feel ... sorrow, joy, and evertthing in between .... this is the quest!!!

To be in amazement ... to be filled with thoughts ... to wonder .... and to be sure that you just needed to see this again.

Not because you were not sure ... but because of the beauty ... the quality and the feelings.

It's about feeling.

The members are going to simply have the show of their lives ...

Just listening to the music I am filled with excitement at times and tears at others.

Funny ...

all will worry if we are going to have words.

Well ...

I love words as a tool and yes, if the inclusion of voice adds to the overall product ... it has to be in there.

What else can we do?

But ...

does it have to be there?

Does it help?

and at what level ...

Sitting here listening over and over again to An American Elegy ...

What story can WE TELL ...

or depict and how will we do it?

What if the entire show was to begin with this?

or ...

what if ... what if ... we ended with this.

Wow.

What would it take to create a ballad with the emotional jolt that you could end an entire 11 minute show ... with the ballad.

Buit .. would it not make sense in the right show?

I believe it would.

yes ..

it would.

Back to the earphones. Time to take a walk in the late night cold.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad he writes in a stream of consciousness style, definitely much more interesting to get that perspective from someone in his position, designing a show of the highest caliber/echelon.

oh and i love your signature/persona, hahaha. classic.

Edited by Jared_mello

I'm looking forward to the 2008 show. I'll bet that the Cadets offer a great show, whether or not they use narration. AND, I'm willing to bet that if they do, it'll be a very good use this time. I just have a good feeling about it.

I'm actually looking forward to the Cadets 2008 production.

=]

An American Elegy was written to commemorate the Columbine tragedy. I don't know if drum corps is an appropriate setting for it if it's done with narration that alters the intended meaning of the piece. That said, it is just beautiful...I encourage everyone to find the piece if they haven't heard it.

Edited by Hrothgar15

An American Elegy was written to commemorate the Columbine tragedy. I don't know if drum corps is an appropriate setting for it if it's done with guard work that alters the intended meaning of the piece.

An American Elegy was written to commemorate the Columbine tragedy. I don't know if drum corps is an appropriate setting for it if it's done with guard work that alters the intended meaning of the piece.

Neither do I.