Hops Blog

There are so many interesting things you could have discussed.

Structure of the show...where to place the ballad, as Hopkins mentions.

What excerpts of AE would you like to hear? How would they fit in with the rest of the show?

What other Ticheli pieces would compliment this musical selection well?

But no, you argued like idiots about Columbine, etc.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many interesting things you could have discussed.

Structure of the show...where to place the ballad, as Hopkins mentions.

What excerpts of AE would you like to hear? How would they fit in with the rest of the show?

What other Ticheli pieces would compliment this musical selection well?

But no, you argued like idiots about Columbine, etc.

I'd love to hear it as a closer. I dunno why, but it just seems more emotional to me. The piece is slightly repetitive so instead of playing excerpts, I'm sure Jay could arrange it into a 3+ minute chart that resembles the original, just condensed. It's just the fact that this piece treads the very fine line of being tasteless and being beautiful, and going off the design teams' recent track record I have a hard time seeing it be the latter if voice is included as a significant element.

Edited by Hrothgar15

I'd love to hear it as a closer. I dunno why, but it just seems more emotional to me. The piece is slightly repetitive so instead of playing excerpts, I'm sure Jay could arrange it into a 3+ minute chart that resembles the original, just condensed. It's just the fact that this piece treads the very fine line of being tasteless and being beautiful, and going off the design teams' recent track record I have a hard time seeing it be the latter if voice is included as a significant element.

Good lord.. :rock:

I am the starter of this topic. If you start a narration debate, I will ask that it be closed promptly.

That's your choice. You asked a question, I answered it truthfully.

This would be an interesting conversation if say the Vanguard or Regiment or ANYONE else was going to do it, but it is the Cadets so lets get our hating motors running......................

THANK you. My thoughts exactly.

Personally, I would love to hear the Cadets' interpretation of this piece.

I'd love to hear a corps take on Ticheli's 'Shenandoah' - I played it in wind ensemble, and I could definitely see an arrangement of it fitting this show, assuming they are going with a theme of somber remembrance for the fallen.

Edited by raphael18