Hops Blog

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for finding out for sure. I was pretty sure it was 2002. Great Troopers show. One of their better efforts of the last 5-10 years or so.

I relistened to 2002 Troopers last night. I really couldn't get much of a read from the arrangement. Since I don't know the piece itself all I heard was a ballet and long percussion break (assuming it was still part of AE).

As for oatmeal, I had some this morning, with raisans and peanut butter (I hate instant oatmeal, you might as well eat pure sugar ampssuck). Yum, yum Mr. Stallone.

Edited by sburstall

Great. Last year the Cadets were pro-abortion, and this year, we find that they are insensitive to the columbine tragedy because they use rifles in a drum corps show.

(btw - im not arguing that it isnt a little awkward....but jeez)

I think it's never too early to start finding reasons to hate a show that hasn't even been written yet.

That said, I appreciate the perspective of people who think all music that's written should only be presented with the intent and purpose for which it was written.. that the only interpretation we should ever have of all music is that which the composer intended.

I don't agree with that perspective, but I do appreciate it.

Stef

I heard Hopkins sneezed yesterday. Or at least thought about it.

Discuss the controversy.

I heard he's been sneezing for years. Now other directors are sneezing too. One director said he was going to block the sneeze, then went ahead and sneezed anyway. Something about his hands were behind his back so he couldn't reach the tissue.

Now drum corps are wasting money that could go to gas and food on tissue, cold remedies and other costly "extras" (sponsorships only pay part of the freight and then only for the elite corps). If only someone had handed Hopkins a hankie way back when and told him to keep it quiet, corps wouldn't be folding today!

HH

I heard he's been sneezing for years. Now other directors are sneezing too. One director said he was going to block the sneeze, then went ahead and sneezed anyway. Something about his hands were behind his back so he couldn't reach the tissue.

Now drum corps are wasting money that could go to gas and food on tissue, cold remedies and other costly "extras" (sponsorships only pay part of the freight and then only for the elite corps). If only someone had handed Hopkins a hankie way back when and told him to keep it quiet, corps wouldn't be folding today!

HH

omg that was beautiful. Can I just tell you... laughter like that could get a girl fired!!