Highest Note Ever Played

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah, that was one of the most fun encores ive ever been a part of. you were right next to pat (to his right, i believe?). he was the "chubby" one. i was between your first mello next to the contras and luis, and that night was one of the best for both of our notes there. its fun doing that bd because if by some chance our staff was unhappy or anything, we could easily just say it was you guys. :P

(massillon '06 was a pretty good example of something like that happening, if you can remember it.)

were we at the clovis show this season? i dont recall.

Yeah that was him. Fun night. Massillon was ALL Luis. It was quite ridiculous.

Yes, Bluecoats were at Clovis. Last show before finals. We did the encore with Cadets.

Yeah that was him. Fun night. Massillon was ALL Luis. It was quite ridiculous.

Yes, Bluecoats were at Clovis. Last show before finals. We did the encore with Cadets.

yeah, it was, hahaha.

ohhhhhhh wow, im sorry, "that" clovis. i was thinking of the south carolina one. it was actually mentioned to me today in a psychology class thing about necrophilia, weird. yes, we were definitely in clovis, CA. sorry about that. "west coast crowd" but not a bad show at all. my and my friends all had combovers that day and i have some sweet pictures of it. got it.

my and my friends all had combovers that day and i have some sweet pictures of it.

hahahaha, wow. i had forgotten all about that. i'm so glad i read this thread.

every one of those encores was fun as hell :)

The year that Roland Garceau marched Dutch Boy (93?) had some very high notes in there too.

And some guy put a trumpet or french horn mouthpiece in a contra in Garfield Cadets one year...

That was '86, and I believe the person playing the contra was none other than current Cadets drill designer Jeff Sacktig.

The year that Roland Garceau marched Dutch Boy (93?) had some very high notes in there too.

It was 93. He started the show on a B above the staff on soprano (F# Concert) and shook it as he went up an octave and pasted the "double" B. He NEVER missed it all year. Not during a show, not in a run thru, not during horn rehearsal, never. It was pretty sick!

Roland and I have been talking about breaking this record. He has been playing ridiculous high notes lately. He played a A above Double C for me the other day (Concert G), and I told him we have to put it in a show.