It looks like Madison is bringing the cymbal line back.

yeah it was 2004, one of the guys i marched with in the guard in 2005 was a cymbal player that didn't want to go into the pit when they axed the line.

and here's irony for ya... one of the guys who marched in the cymbal line in the alumni corps was a rifle in the guard when he originally marched.

What goes around comes around, huh? :lookaround:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, my first summer I was marching contra at crossmen, then guard, then guard at scouts....quite a ways from trumpet in marching band

who cares if there are cymbals on the field? they don't add that much to the show any way...

w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp:

Now I feel better :lol: back to work

Edited by bass5

My wife took that picture...she loved to yell..." Go cymbals...keep 'em round"

main-14php.jpg

I wish I knew who to throw credit to for this picture, but thanks to whomever took it! As I was talking about in my post above, Mark "Moose" Musolf was killed on his way to practice in '83, but Terry "Spif" Spilde (who was his best friend and partner in crime) always makes sure Moose is represented in some fashion. In this pic, it is the row marker from the cemetery Mark rests in (which has been replaced, so no worries...)

We missed you and your lovely wife at the alumni party!

The front ensemble did wear aussies at one point in the 2007 season, right, or am I crazy?

They did at the start of the season, but according to one of the front line instructors some of the judges wanted to see their faces for some reason :lol: , so they did away with them. This might be a variation of the truth, but thats what I was told.

They did at the start of the season, but according to one of the front line instructors some of the judges wanted to see their faces for some reason :lol: , so they did away with them. This might be a variation of the truth, but thats what I was told.

####### judges, next they'll ask everyone to start singing.

Is the front line supposed to have a guard like fake cheesy grin too like "oh my god - I played my part right".