Hawthorne Caballeros Present!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other soprano was Pete Fox. And I THINK that was Mike WInfield that played the upper register stuff in the sextet. Timmy Campbel, Ponzo, and Pete had some fun as well..........

Sounds like an epic show I gotta admit.........Can't wait to hear it. See everyone at the open house. (I may bring my mouthpiece) ^0^

I would think there would be plenty of screaming oppurtunities in this show.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some of the classic soloists come back! :unsure:

Someone whose name starts with a P and ends in onzo would be amazing! ^0^ :angry:

I think Frank very much likes his spot in the Alumni. Not that I wouldn't love to march with him. I never got the opportunity.

Michael "Gordito" Ferriera and Mike Celia have been holding there own. Sprinkle in some Adam Berger and Drew Wilkie and who knows what might happen...

No offense to the other soloists who are definitely wonderful in their own right but one prod to try and pry Frank back into the field corps never hurts. :)

No offense to the other soloists who are definitely wonderful in their own right but one prod to try and pry Frank back into the field corps never hurts. :)

I'll tell you what.....

If the corps goes back to "G" bugles, I may just be able to be enticed to come back.... :doh:

And I am SURE I will be able to persuade a certain other soloist, with the last name that starts with an "H" and ends with an "AWKINS"!! :unsure::lol:

Otherwise.....I'll continue to play my "G" bugle with the Cabs Alumni....

And oh...I am sure you will all enjoy the 2008 version of the Cabs Alumni.....playing "Pictures of Spain" this year!!!

But to the rest of my compadres in the competing corps...I think you all know how I feel about all of the soloists that came after me.....you are ALL doing an AMAZING job of keeping the tradition alive in Hawthorne (And yes...that includes you Laura!). So amazing, that I would be taking the back seat to all of you!!! :angry: ^OO^

To everyone else....

Get your rear ends down to Post 199 in Hawthorne NJ on Nov 25th at 12 noon, and see what being a Caballero is all about!!!

(all of your replies should now be..... :lol: )

I'll tell you what.....

If the corps goes back to "G" bugles, I may just be able to be enticed to come back.... :doh:

And I am SURE I will be able to persuade a certain other soloist, with the last name that starts with an "H" and ends with an "AWKINS"!! :unsure::lol:

Otherwise.....I'll continue to play my "G" bugle with the Cabs Alumni....

And oh...I am sure you will all enjoy the 2008 version of the Cabs Alumni.....playing "Pictures of Spain" this year!!!

But to the rest of my compadres in the competing corps...I think you all know how I feel about all of the soloists that came after me.....you are ALL doing an AMAZING job of keeping the tradition alive in Hawthorne (And yes...that includes you Laura!). So amazing, that I would be taking the back seat to all of you!!! :angry: ^OO^

To everyone else....

Get your rear ends down to Post 199 in Hawthorne NJ on Nov 25th at 12 noon, and see what being a Caballero is all about!!!

(all of your replies should now be..... :lol: )

Hey Frank you still have your folding chair for practice?

Dear Mr. Ponzo,

You know all I need to do is transpose the Trumpet part to G!

You and your bugle show up on the 25th!

:unsure:

I've never even met you, but you're now my hero! :angry: B)

I dunno Frank.......you, me, Curt, heck I will call Timmy, Deamer, and Bruce and we can have one heck of a 95 / 96 reunion!!! Ya think Donna would let Timmy do it ?? Gordito would have to slide down to 2nd I think. OH and we can find David Brock and shove white castles down his shirt for the parades!