Drum Corps at Disney?

glory

yeah, some of the performers (like the toy soldiers for example) marched/march corps. they wear ridiculous costumes, blocks for feet, and play herald trumpets, but spend their summers marching in corps like scv, the cavies, boston, cadets im pretty sure, etc.

Indeed sir, but it's still a ####load of fun.

If any of you go to Disney this Christmas and see the toy soldier band unit IN ORLANDO (the one in Cali is all professional musicians, not college musicians), just know that many of them (if not most) march or have marched corps.

Edited by Tristan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003? 96, 97, 98?

HH

That'd be disneyworld, wouldn't it :P

I'm a current employee at WDW and I've marched two years with DCI (with one year left) and one year in DCJ. I know a lot of people in "entertainment" (that's my department) who have marched drum corps. I learned a show on the castle stage and the little boy in tights marched Crown 15 year before I did! Mickey may not have marched, but some of his taller and royal friends have... :lol:

I'm a current employee at WDW and I've marched two years with DCI (with one year left) and one year in DCJ. I know a lot of people in "entertainment" (that's my department) who have marched drum corps. I learned a show on the castle stage and the little boy in tights marched Crown 15 year before I did! Mickey may not have marched, but some of his taller and royal friends have... :lol:

Yeah, you don't see many short Vietnamese women in drum corps, do you?

I know a couple of former Freelancers who currently work for Disney. One is in production the other is an Imagineer. Does that count?

I'm also one of the very few who wears a corps shirt and looks out for others at Disneyland. I have yet to see someone else wearing one.

Yeah, you don't see many short Vietnamese women in drum corps, do you?

That's easy: 91 SCV.

I'll be at the happiest place on Earth later on this year. Dec. 14-19, specifically... Maybe I'll take a corps shirt out one day...

I'll be at the happiest place on Earth later on this year. Dec. 14-19, specifically... Maybe I'll take a corps shirt out one day...

Which one? Ha!