07 DVD Review: A look inside a World Championship product

O.K. help an OLD guy out and explain how to find the "easter egg". I've heard of these, but have not been told how to get to them. It's Thanksgiving...give us old timers some help.

Easter Eggs on DVD's were more prominent a few years ago when studios put a bit more time in to developing features on the discs. Often there would be hidden features (defined as Easter Eggs by early adopters). Getting to them could be obvious or not, with some requiring specific sequences to be typed out on the remote control before they revealed themselves. Interesting hobby if you have the time.

But after Michael Boo inferred there might be one in this set, I tried hard to find it before I begged on another thread for a clue.

If you want to find out on your own, stop reading now.

Still here?

If you hit disc 3 and go to the recap, bring it up and scroll through the corps. Crown should light up. Select Crown. Enjoy.

Like others, I appreciated this feature and would encourage future opportunities to use these features. Easter Eggs are the perfect avenue for unadvertised performances at the event. I would think this would be a good place to put footage of the Marine Corps, the alumni feature for that year (Kingsmen this year) or the encore performance of the winner. I know the all involve more rights, and take up more data space, but if there is any room...

The advantage they have with this feature is that the extra data is only the audio track. The video is simply "Angle 1" from the corp's performance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Beef time. Mooo.

I noticed as I was preserving the ISO of my DVD's, I have no DVD player any more, I rip the ISO of all my DVD's to my mega storage server and use DVD emulation to watch dvds now, I noticed that there is a ton of room on the dvd's to put other content...why not up the judges comments to a 3rd or 4th judge. The space used on the top 6 dvd's are as follows:

Vol 1 D1: 4.36 GB

Vol 1 D2: 4.77 GB

Vol 1 D3: 5.21 GB

There is room for other content...why not use it

BY the way the egg is awesome.

Thanks for "easter egg" clue.

I really enjoyed that. The guys doing all the work on the DVD sure don't get to enjoy the show as it's

happening...didn't realize the work was so fast paced. The finished product looks rather seamless compared

to what's happening in the control room.

Loved the bleeped comment about the judge getting in the shot. Just another reason I think the judges

shouldn't be on the field.

Tom Blair and company just keep getting better and better. I really enjoy hearing the show designers. I

wish I knew some of that stuff before the season was over.

Hey Mike B... maybe next season you could get with some of the designers early in the season and give

us some things to look for. I saw Crown's show several times live, but had no idea of some of things

going on until I watched the DVD.

By the way, are there "easter eggs" in previous year's DVDs?

Hey Mike B... maybe next season you could get with some of the designers early in the season and give

us some things to look for. I saw Crown's show several times live, but had no idea of some of things

going on until I watched the DVD.

By the way, are there "easter eggs" in previous year's DVDs?

I have tried that in the past and the result was so much had changed or was added by the end of the season that much of what I had was rendered useless. And I will admit to you that even though I had talked with staff members, I had no idea of some of the visual references I brought up in shows like Crown's. I too missed them until I watched the DVD, so don't feel alone. :)

And your question about prior Easter Eggs is a good one. I'm going to post the question in a new topic in this forum.