07 DVD Review: A look inside a World Championship product

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping they'd have the brass judge on the dvd this year... brass was so competitive all year... would have liked to hear it.

oh well, music effect is just as... no, nm, its not interesting at all. haha

On that note ( :blink: :P ) would it have really taken up that much space to put one of the brass judge tapes in there?

I think they're about the best finals recordings yet.... the pit's mostly too loud for my taste, but I feel that way live, too. Listened to two of the "Designer Commentaries" so far (Cadets and SCV), and both are great... especially GH's. His is absolutely brilliant... a great insight into their concept and how it developed through the season. I learned a lot.

Only downside is that the warm-ups are omitted, and now that they can be part of the show, it's too bad.... no sign of the Crossmen capes, for instance, which, to me, was the part of the show I was particularly looking forward to seeing again. Oh well.

I do think that the camera work was a lot better this year, me being completely ignorant to the process of such things.

It just seemed that every angle is something that is relevant to what is going on as opposed to years past where it was like I was trying to figure out why I'd want to see whatever I was looking at when I knew something much more important was going on.

Not so much a 'post-production' fix as much as the people having a better idea of what they're shooting and what each show will present and when.

I do think that the camera work was a lot better this year, me being completely ignorant to the process of such things.

It just seemed that every angle is something that is relevant to what is going on as opposed to years past where it was like I was trying to figure out why I'd want to see whatever I was looking at when I knew something much more important was going on.

Not so much a 'post-production' fix as much as the people having a better idea of what they're shooting and what each show will present and when.

Check out the Easter Egg on Disc 3.....gives you an idea of what those camera guys go through during each corps performance. I found in pretty sweet myself....especially the swearing!!!! :blink:

Edited by LaSqueegee

Put in Disc 3.....the one with SCV & Crown. On the main menu go to the recap screen. At the bottom of the recap screen it should give your three options (Next, Resume, Main Menu). Instead of moving the cursor right & left make the cursor go up.....in which case you will be selecting the hidden menu when Carolina Crown's name lights up in the recap. Then hit enter/ok....and a surprise will start playing!! :doh:

Edited by LaSqueegee