TEAM BLUE OPEN HOUSE! (and name change)

84BDsop

Date: Sunday, December 9, 2007

Time: 6pm

Location: Cafeteria, John F. Kennedy High School, 11254 Gothic Avenue, Granada Hills, CA 91344.

How to get there: Yahoo map: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result.php?q1=1...ada+hills%2C+ca

The band room is in the M building (We’ll have signs out). Even though the school’s address is on Gothic, the cafeteria is actually in the middle of the north side of the campus, off of Simonds St. (Running along the north side of the campus, top of the map). Take your favorite route to the area and drive down Simonds....look for the open gate to the parking lot near Gothic on the northwest corner of the campus (The north lot....circled in red). The cafeteria area is also circled.

Note: This is meant as a meet & greet only....there will be no playing (primarily because many of the possible attendees will ave completed some parades earlier that day and we don't want them to be wiped out).

Kennedymap.jpg

There's nothing quite like starting a new corps from the ground up....come be one of the building blocks!!

*edited to update the loction on campus 11/24/07*

Edited by 84BDsop

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kids, ages 14 to 94! Don't miss this once in a lifetime chance to be an original member of the first successful drum corps ever in the San Fernando Valley.

The response has been great so far and our biggest concern right now is how to fit everyone in the band room! Over 25 drummers have RSVP'd and the brass and guard numbers are equally impressive. We have potential members from several DCI and DCA finalist corps and the staff includes former DCI champions, professional music educators and musicians with decades of experience in the LA studio/club scene.

If you live north of LA and have ever wished for a drum corps in your own back yard, THIS IS IT!

Circle Dec. 9 on your calendar.

Wake the kids and phone the neighbors, cuz it's about to get very loud around here!

Good luck you guys

Over 25 drummers have RSVP'd and the brass and guard numbers are equally impressive. We have potential members from several DCI and DCA finalist corps and the staff includes former DCI champions, professional music educators and musicians with decades of experience in the LA studio/club scene.

And the scary thing is we haven't even DONE any of the real recruiting we've discussed....much of the response is from Myspace and Craigslist postings, as well as some word of mouth....

Frightening in a way.....but hey...I'll take THAT kind of scare!

Great news, looking forward to good reports :)

An update on at least one front...we FINALLY have an official name!!

Team Blue was always a working title...we had to have SOMETHING to call ourselves until we settled on something.

Several names were put forth....Team Blue, Urban Legend, Torque, Alchemy....all of which had good points and bad ones....but it was one presented at the staff meeting today that caught everyones attention and was voted in.

Ironically, even though the name has a connection to the sort that provides me with my livelihood, I was NOT the one who proposed it....but I AM secretly (not so much now, tho) pleased that it was chosen.

Ladies and gentlemen....I give you California's newest All-age corps.

"En Garde"

Open house is gonna be fun!!!

I can hear it now: "On the field, from San Gabriel , California. Performing their 2008 production "Touche'". "En Garde"

Awesome choice Sam.

Best of luck to you all.