Indianapolis

I was in Indianapolis for the BOA Grand Nationals. I was very surprised how much I liked the city. Anyone who chooses to skip 2008 finals based on what you think of this town...you're making a mistake.

The hotel we stayed at (Hilton) was 5 -7 minutes walking distance to the RCA Dome and there were many hotels closer (Hyatt, Westin, Marriot, Crowne Plaza, Conrad) The new Lucas Oil Stadium is just a minute or two farther away.

The new stadium looks amazing and towers over the old one. It really looks state of the art and thats just from the outside.

There are many restaurants to choose from in downtown to fit any budget. There's a Ruth Chris, Shulas, Rock Bottom, Alcatraz, RAM, Spaghetti Factory, St Elmo, Palamino, PF Changs, Johnny Rockets, McDonalds, Subway, JJs Subs, Steak and Shake, and dozens more. Bars are plentiful too. ALL of this is withing 5-10 minutes walk from the stadium and downtown hotels. A beautiful mall - Circle City Centre - is in the middle of everything.

There is a new terminal opening at the airport soon. The old one will be demolished. People were very nice.

Indy is going to be great and a place where you can go again and again. My attitude has changed for the better.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Indy is a nice place for DCI.

That said, I don't believe DCI should be held for 10 years straight in any location.

I don't think that anyone but the most die hard fans are going to want to go to the same place every August.

3 years intervals at one location I believe makes the most sense.

That said, I don't believe DCI should be held for 10 years straight in any location.

I don't think that anyone but the most die hard fans are going to want to go to the same place every August.

Then they can go to San Antonio, Atlanta, Denver, etc to see shows if they don't want to go to Indy every year. Not a bad thing.

Then they can go to San Antonio, Atlanta, Denver, etc to see shows if they don't want to go to Indy every year. Not a bad thing.

Except IMHO most shows pretty much suck until DCI finals week.

I disagree with you here. I go to allentown every year, not for what the city has to offer but for the show. And when I go to finals it's for the show not the city, although I did go to Denver just because it was denver and I wanted to go there. If you are going to see drum corps who cares where it is, you're gonna spend most of the day in the stadium anyway so it could be any city as far as I'm concerned.

I was at BOA also!!! It was sooooo nice! If there were anywhere I would choose DCI, besided my hometown, it would be Indianapolis. Good choice! Everything was in walking distance, the people were really nice, and the city is beautiful!!!

So for those of you who don't know... DCI is moving to Indianapolis because the recent Governor of Indianapolis gave DCI no tax rates on the new stadium for the next 10 years to bring in more business to Indianapolis. Great idea! I think the city will grow with this choice.

THE HOME OF MARCHING BAND!!!!

I was at BOA also!!! It was sooooo nice! If there were anywhere I would choose DCI, besided my hometown, it would be Indianapolis. Good choice! Everything was in walking distance, the people were really nice, and the city is beautiful!!!

So for those of you who don't know... DCI is moving to Indianapolis because the recent Governor of Indianapolis gave DCI no tax rates on the new stadium for the next 10 years to bring in more business to Indianapolis. Great idea! I think the city will grow with this choice.

THE HOME OF MARCHING BAND!!!!

Seriously? I didn't know about that deal. That's great!

I don’t like it and I’ve been there a ton of times. I generally find Hoosiers to be unwelcoming and rather stand offish. And since I was in college in the 80s, Indy has been vying for the amateur spots capital of the nation and has yet to produce – even though they bought top notch new facilities (that waveless pool is awesome and will take seconds off your time) and tried to lure competitions with competitive packages they always end up going elsewhere. Why? You’ll see and get it, probably around year 3. And that drive down the death trap I-65, its almost better to go down 55 and cut over on 74 even if it takes an extra hour

I like checking out different cities that DCI visited, I would have never know how great Kansas City was and I think I’m one of the few that fell in love with Jackson. Hated the Florida shows though – Dallas was cool, loved walking around the old fair grounds. Madison always great just because its so easy and I know a bunch of peeps there - but can't think of the last time I touristed it

I don’t like it and I’ve been there a ton of times. I generally find Hoosiers to be unwelcoming and rather stand offish. And since I was in college in the 80s, Indy has been vying for the amateur spots capital of the nation and has yet to produce – even though they bought top notch new facilities (that waveless pool is awesome and will take seconds off your time) and tried to lure competitions with competitive packages they always end up going elsewhere. Why? You’ll see and get it, probably around year 3. And that drive down the death trap I-65, its almost better to go down 55 and cut over on 74 even if it takes an extra hour

I like checking out different cities that DCI visited, I would have never know how great Kansas City was and I think I’m one of the few that fell in love with Jackson. Hated the Florida shows though – Dallas was cool, loved walking around the old fair grounds. Madison always great just because its so easy and I know a bunch of peeps there - but can't think of the last time I touristed it

Anybody who approves of hating at a drum corps show should probably stay home. (based off your signature below your posts) There's so much hate in the world. People get killed over hate avery day. What a pointless shame.