2001 Santa Clara Vanguard

I was just listening to '01 Vanguard, and when they get to the part where they chant "New Era... etc." I was thinking of how cool it would be if the baseball hat company "New Era" used this segment of the show in a commercial. Imagine watching TV, then a commercial comes on and it's '01 Vanguard? I know I would watch it. Does anyone know if anything like this has ever happened, where a real drum corps show has been used for commercial gain?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i seriously doubt it...but it would se so incredibly AWESOME if it happened!!!! like the blue devils show up in a "godfather annaversery special box set"

Now THAT would be awesome. Same thing would be cool if Cavaliers showed up in a James Bond box set. In fact, any show based on a movie would be awesome as an easter egg in a box set for that movie. BD 97, Dutch Boy 06, etc...I'm sure there's more not coming to mind, but man, wouldn't that be cool.

The Guardsmen had a spot on a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial sometime late 70's or early 80's.

it's not a corps....but a colorguard is used on the gaurdasil (spelling?) commercial right now...that's closer than we normally see.

i recently watched amercian pie: band camp....*rolls eyes*

and the use 1999 blue devils in the background (which is supposed to be one of the bands playing at the camp! LMAO)

it's not a corps....but a colorguard is used on the gaurdasil (spelling?) commercial right now...that's closer than we normally see.

i recently watched amercian pie: band camp....*rolls eyes*

and the use 1999 blue devils in the background (which is supposed to be one of the bands playing at the camp! LMAO)

Are you saying that the Blue Devils couldn't hack it at band camp?

Pacific Crest did a Pepsi commercial a few years ago, and someone did a bingo commercial last year (can't remember who though).

Are you saying that the Blue Devils couldn't hack it at band camp?

Pacific Crest did a Pepsi commercial a few years ago, and someone did a bingo commercial last year (can't remember who though).

Carolina Crown did the Bingo/lottery commercial

The Bridgemen did a commercial for either Twix or Kit Kat candy bars back in the 80's (84 or 85 I think), if I recall it just featured the drumline and they weren't in uniform, but it was them! I actually have a copy on VHS somewhere, now I'll probably spend the rest of the night digging it out!

Edited by RichCranford82

The Bridgemen did a commercial for either Twix or Kit Kat candy bars back in the 80's (84 or 85 I think), if I recall it just featured the drumline and they weren't in uniform, but it was them! I actually have a copy on VHS somewhere, now I'll probably spend the rest of the night digging it out!

VHS? What's that?