Madison Scouts 2007

I applaud their efforts to get some good guard guys to join last year's returnees, but it was a big gap between 15th and 12th last season and I see two other corps breaking top 12 before Madison (read Academy and Blue Stars). Both were significantly ahead of Madison at the end of last season.

Your saying as if it's impossile to find 40 guys for the guard. And Blue Stars and Academy were significantly ahead of Madison according to the inconsistent judging. Caption and Overall scores were all over the place from show to show. I'll be the first to say that Blue Stars (somewhat Academy) had a pretty good show, but the score difference between the Corps from 11-16 were not agreeable. I'm not just saying it just b/c I marched Madison, I say it b/c I really disagree with the score difference. From watching the shows live and online, all corps had the same issues, none more than the other. There was difference in Effect, IMO. Even though Madison drill was a little dirty, don't think it was as dirty as what I saw from Glassmen or Spirit, Semis and Finals.

But I'll stop there, b/c I can say what I want until I'm blue in the face, it's not gonna change the results from this summer and not gonna change the opinions of people on DCP.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the maturity of members in drum corps is just inexistent these days. Why don't you cry about it some more and maybe you'll feel better about it....and I'm not dogging on bonesmen...you guys just need to pick your battles some place else so you don't look an idoit in front of the whole drum corps community.

ironic...

I love the Scouts...too bad I had to leave the Rose Bowl right before the scouts showed up on Finals night or else I would have joined my friends visiting them... would've been waiting at the buses... there's some people I wanted to talk to. :thumbup: bummer

maybe next summer. good luck Scouts.

ps - scouts 99 pretty much rocks... bring that back

Madison reached some fans, goal accomplished

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!