Rule Proposal 2008-06

Rules 2008  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Use of Electronic Instruments

• No; maintain that electronic instruments are not allowed
    • Yes; allow electronic instruments according to the proposal

Hell, I want drum corps inside an arena with lights and set design.

And I love drum corps, but I also like seeing how creative a staff can be. And if they have more tools for creative expression, then let them utilize it.

It's like saying, if you like curvalinear lines, then you hate drum corps. Or, if you like marching backwards, then you have drum corps. Or, if you hate non-military music, then you have drum corps.

no, it's not like saying that at all

Where do you folks keep getting all these logical fallacies?

They have a circuit for those that like gimmicks such as electronics and other show production – its called band. Go enjoy it, pass all the rules you want for band and please, allow drum corps to remain drum corps

I don’t know why all the bandos want to spoil drum corps, it’s not like we are telling the bandos how to run their circuits

Really, if you want electronics in drum corps, you must hate drum corps

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s not my logic, you misrepresented it

those that want electronics in drum corps hate drum corps and really don't belong in the activity anyway

If that is not what you are intending to say, then I would think you need to add hate drum corps the way I want it. Otherwise, what are you intending your statements to mean?

no, it's not like saying that at all

Where do you folks keep getting all these logical fallacies?

They have a circuit for those that like gimmicks such as electronics and other show production – its called band. Go enjoy it, pass all the rules you want for band and please, allow drum corps to remain drum corps

I don’t know why all the bandos want to spoil drum corps, it’s not like we are telling the bandos how to run their circuits

Really, if you want electronics in drum corps, you must hate drum corps

But those "Bandos" also are on creative teams for drum corps. Do they hate drum corps too?

Not flaming...asking.

But those "Bandos" also are on creative teams for drum corps. Do they hate drum corps too?

Not flaming...asking.

I don't know if the like it or hate it. I guess they don't like it enough because they want to make it band.

I have been very clear about what I’m saying and I have said it several times, please stop trying to discredit my opinions by twisting them into something they are not merely so you can attack the fallacy you wrongly created as oppose to my actual statement

If you want electronics in drum corps, you hate drum corps. Period

Not flaming...asking.

That’s a fair question – let’s just say that drum corps may not be their top priority then

I recall a quote by a top director that went along the lines of the future of YEA is not drum corps. Many involved in bands use their involvement and drum corps as shills to beef up their band programs, band circuits and their own revenues

Do you really want someone involved with the rules process and future of drum corps that does not make drum crops their top priority, that may have conflicted interests and motivations outside of drum corps that can be affected through drum corps? I don’t.

Its this conflict of interested that often leads to the tainting, the impurities that are eroding away the structure of what we know as drum and bugle corps

That’s not my logic, you misrepresented it

those that want electronics in drum corps hate drum corps and really don't belong in the activity anyway

Yes, just like "those that want electronics contrabasses in drum corps hate drum corps and really don't belong in the activity anyway"

Presenting their 2009 program, "Hip Hop Nation", Cadets you may take the field

:devil:

Yes, just like "those that want electronics contrabasses in drum corps hate drum corps and really don't belong in the activity anyway"

:devil: