1973 Santa Clara

I was 13 years old, that sume of 73. I was the youngest member of the corps, younger than Mark Romo by quite a few months. I remember everyone being older than myself and it being very intimidaing. I mean living up to what they had established, the reputation, the legend...was a little daunting.

13 yrs old? Good lord - how the heck did Gayle ever let you march? I thought only Rob Carson was that gifted?

Mark Romo - any relation to Tony and Peter? Tony and I aged out in 77, I know Peter aged out in 78. Great tenors !!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have to be correct, because I have every DCI championship performance SCV ever gave on my computer, and DCI sells everyone of them for download on their website.

Help me find recordings, please. What is the best way these days for the older folk and from another country?

Here is a link for 1973 DCI Championships. If you look on the left you will see a list by year. You can download any corps performance in the top 12 from 1972 - Present. It does cost 3.49 per download. The format DCI uses is .wma and iTunes can convert it to the popular .mp3.

13 yrs old? Good lord - how the heck did Gayle ever let you march? I thought only Rob Carson was that gifted?

Mark Romo - any relation to Tony and Peter? Tony and I aged out in 77, I know Peter aged out in 78. Great tenors !!!

Mark is their younger brother...last I heard he was teaching dance. Tony is a chef...and I'm not sure what Peter is doing except yes, great tenor lines indeed.

I'm not sure what Peter is doing except yes, great tenor lines indeed.

Last Time I talked to Pete in 2005, He was married with two teenage son's, just bought a house in Santa Clara, and was working for a local engineering firm. Great Guy !!

Edited by john2780

I marched with Pete in '79, so I don't think he aged out in '78. I went to high school with Michelle Andrews, his girlfriend (I think she's his wife now). Michelle and her brother Brad were also SCV. Glad to hear he's doing well (any house in Santa Clara is pretty pricey). You can see Pete playing tenors in '78

. Edited by scv guy

I marched with Pete in '79, so I don't think he aged out in '78. I went to high school with Michelle Andrews, his girlfriend (I think she's his wife now). Michelle and her brother Brad were also SCV. Glad to hear he's doing well (any house in Santa Clara is pretty pricey). You can see Pete playing tenors in '78

And Kent Cater, bass drum tech gawd through the years.....

Is Brad on here..*clearing throat*...you're a tool!!! :cool:

I'm in the 73 video - twice!!

So who wants to touch me? :cool:

Egg on my face. :cool:

I knew Pete was teaching in 1978 - thought it was funny how he could teach his younger brother. Looks like he aged out in 79.

John2780 and I overlapped and we both knew the Romo brothers. Glad to hear that Peter - and hopefully Tony are doing well.

You can see Pete playing tenors in '78

I can't believe Santa Clara's snare line was still using straps in '79. And I believe that that is Snappettes Mom (Dennis Mancini) on the end on the snare line.

Also both Pete and Scott Hunter look like young pupps back then :worthy:

I'm in the 73 video - twice!!

So who wants to touch me? :worthy:

And yes Mike, not only do I want to touch you but....... :worthy:

Edited by john2780