• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the 73 video - twice!!

So who wants to touch me?

:worthy:

Feh :worthy:

I'm shown 3 1/3 times (if you want to count my knees as the 1/3) :worthy: :worthy:

I can't believe Santa Clara's snare line was still using straps in '79.

That's the '78 line. '79 was the first year they used harnesses.

Feh :thumbup:

I'm shown 3 1/3 times (if you want to count my knees as the 1/3) :doh::smile:

Maggie you're a rock star!

I'm in there once (in fact right after you and before Mike near the very end).

And catching up with the earlier part of the thread ... I was 15 in 73 and I know of at least six others my age or younger that marched that year ... Susie Akiya, Luann Harper, Mark Waxman, Bob Dimicelli, Diane Modisett, Al Montemayor ... and I can still think of others.

:smile:

I'm in the 73 video - twice!!

So who wants to touch me? :withstupid:

Just saw the video for the first time and I have to say Mr. Gale Royer was indeed a class act. May god rest his soul!

I haven't seen the youtube video in question, but when SCV comes off the line is there a diamond pattern in the end zone? You'll see the NIU letters within the pattern. If so, it was shot at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, on June 30, 1973.

It's from the Competitive Drum Corps video.

Yes, it's definitely the DeKalb show. I was in the audience (Marched SCV the next year).

Great stadium for drum corps.

Still remember watching the bottle dance practice at a field right outside the stadium.

Maggie you're a rock star!

I'm in there once (in fact right after you and before Mike near the very end).

And catching up with the earlier part of the thread ... I was 15 in 73 and I know of at least six others my age or younger that marched that year ... Susie Akiya, Luann Harper, Mark Waxman, Bob Dimicelli, Diane Modisett, Al Montemayor ... and I can still think of others.

:lol:

Ah, yes Jonette, as the camera pans down the flag line during retreat, there is Betsy, me and you there in all of our hot, tired, sweaty glory (sans make-up of course). "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille"... bleah... :withstupid:

Of course the real "Star" was Mark Romo. Hard to believe so much time has gone by. I still remember that stupid camera guy following us around that year. What a pain, but I'm glad that something good came out of it and that we at least have THAT much to remind us of one of best if not THE best year SCV ever had and that others can enjoy it also.