Blue Stars will be making BANK on Merch this year

cd89

Well, if Mike would answer the question I am asking directly, instead of dancing around it, there is a point I am trying to make that is germain to the proposal and how it might effect the sale of merchendise.

I already answered you multiple times. Maybe not the answer you want, but an answer none the less.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody knows the answer, including Miked, but he will never admit to it because it would derail everything he is fighting.

You would have better luck nailing oatmeal to the wall.

Everybody knows the answer, including Miked, but he will never admit to it because it would derail everything he is fighting.

You would have better luck nailing oatmeal to the wall.

Oh, and pray tell what is this 'answer' you seem to think I am avoiding? And what gives YOU the right to make comments like that about me?

Didn't read everything else, but just a thought...is van Doren on board with this? And if so, is Crown on board with this? Seems kind of funny to see Blue Stars putting forward this proposal after Crown's show last year, given the association of the two corps.

Yeah, yeah--kind of conspiratorial and all. Just my first thought.

I already answered you multiple times. Maybe not the answer you want, but an answer none the less.

No, you didn't answer the question that I was asking. You answered under the premise of the sound AFTER it was amped by one corps. The question I am asking is if everything were the same BEFORE amping and one amps that sound while the other doesn't, would they still tie or, which one would win. That is my question, always has been. I am sorry if I did not make that clear enough.

Didn't read everything else, but just a thought...is van Doren on board with this? And if so, is Crown on board with this? Seems kind of funny to see Blue Stars putting forward this proposal after Crown's show last year, given the association of the two corps.

Yeah, yeah--kind of conspiratorial and all. Just my first thought.

Well, it is important to understand, since you haven't read the whole thread, that this is not a Blue Stars proposal. The proposal comes from a parent and volunteer of the Blue Stars. The director agreed to sign it so it could be submitted. Both men have made it clear that this is NOT an indication that the Blue Stars will be voting for the proposal, just that they are willing to discuss it.

OK, you still aren't grasping the crux of my question (or you are intentionally avoiding it). So, let me try again. If two corps, without amps, were exactly the same in every consideration a judge gives (yes I know that would happen some time next to never, but if it did), then one of those corps did the exact same thing with amps, would they get the same score, a higher score, or a lower score?

The question is oversimplified.

Some shows are written for amps, some aren't. So if Phantom 2007 went out and performed the exact same show, once with the amps on and once with them off, the amped show would get a higher score. Contrarily, if you plugged Vanguard 87 or some such thing into amplifiers it would be a disaster. Amps are an element that open new possibilities for instrumentation and expression. This is in the fall when corps plan their shows. They are not a sudden advantage nor a hinderance for any corps when the judges hear it. It's like asking, if two corps are equal but one corps has a french horn section, which will score higher?

No, you didn't answer the question that I was asking. You answered under the premise of the sound AFTER it was amped by one corps. The question I am asking is if everything were the same BEFORE amping and one amps that sound while the other doesn't, would they still tie or, which one would win. That is my question, always has been. I am sorry if I did not make that clear enough.

Here is the issue..if two fronts sound the same before being amped, the sound that makes it up to the judge will be different in some fashion for the amped one. So....the judge will never hear what you are describing. I thought you meant they sounded the same to the judge, which is the only way to make a scoring comparison, IMO.

Here is the issue..if two fronts sound the same before being amped, the sound that makes it up to the judge will be different in some fashion for the amped one. So....the judge will never hear what you are describing. I thought you meant they sounded the same to the judge, which is the only way to make a scoring comparison, IMO.

On with the show. :thumbup:

On with the show. :thumbup:

and again...all this lather poses nothing toward the OPs original question regarding how these proposals will affect revenues the Blue Stars will gain or lose at the souvie stand in '08.

Get to the point, gentlemen.

My opinion is that these proposals will be long forgotten by summer and will have no affect positively or negatively on the souvie sales for Blue Stars. If people wanted to show their support, then it should be coordinated now while the proposal irons are in the fire...not 6 months later when these are all but forgotten.