New Design For Spartans.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.georgehester.com/

The new designer's website and man he does some cool stuff. Should be an interesting year!

Interesting ... I looked over this website a bit before when I posted the new Spartan staff biographies link in another thread, but I took another look at this, enjoyed some more of the drill links for the schools he has designed for, and found the following in Mr. Hester's blog:

"... Anyway, I’d just like to let everyone know about something that has been in discussion over the past few weeks that has now become official. Some people may already be aware of this from me hinting it in e-mails and online discussions, but I have been hired as the visual designer for the Spartans Drum & Bugle Corps for the 2008 season.

Along with my friend and VISAUDIO Designs colleague Bryan Harmsen, I will be part of the design team in what should lead to a great future for us and this drum corps and I can’t tell you how excited I am about this. I’m getting to write for a top-notch organization and I’m looking forward to some great things to happen over the course of the next several years as I hope to make this a long-term gig.

I think we’re going to put together a very exciting show this year and I hope that anyone who is able to can make it out and see the Spartans in 2008!

- G"

http://www.georgehester.com/blog.html

Well, I am certainly looking forward to seeing Spartans 2008 on the field next summer.

Best Wishes to Mr. Hester, the new design team and everyone at my favorite Junior corps in NH. :inlove:

Based on the relative inexperience of the new design & instructional team and very lackluster turnout at last weekend's Open House (less than 60 auditionees)

I'd say this young man has his work cut out for him.

I am devastated at what has happened to the perennial beast from the east.

:inlove:

Interesting ... I looked over this website a bit before when I posted the new Spartan staff biographies link in another thread, but I took another look at this, enjoyed some more of the drill links for the schools he has designed for, and found the following in Mr. Hester's blog:

"... Anyway, I’d just like to let everyone know about something that has been in discussion over the past few weeks that has now become official. Some people may already be aware of this from me hinting it in e-mails and online discussions, but I have been hired as the visual designer for the Spartans Drum & Bugle Corps for the 2008 season.

Along with my friend and VISAUDIO Designs colleague Bryan Harmsen, I will be part of the design team in what should lead to a great future for us and this drum corps and I can’t tell you how excited I am about this. I’m getting to write for a top-notch organization and I’m looking forward to some great things to happen over the course of the next several years as I hope to make this a long-term gig.

I think we’re going to put together a very exciting show this year and I hope that anyone who is able to can make it out and see the Spartans in 2008!

- G"

http://www.georgehester.com/blog.html

Well, I am certainly looking forward to seeing Spartans 2008 on the field next summer.

Best Wishes to Mr. Hester, the new design team and everyone at my favorite Junior corps in NH. :wub:

... I am devastated at what has happened to the perennial beast from the east...

I am sorry you are so unhappy about this.

I admit when I first read about the coming changes in the Spartan staff and design team, I felt apprehensive and a little sad. I have really enjoyed their shows the past few years.

However, I am more than willing to give a new team a chance to show us what they can do.

Maybe it will be a building year for the them. Maybe not.

Maybe this will be the start of a really great year for them and another championship.

Maybe this is part of a long range plan.

I do not know.

But I do know that I look forward to seeing Spartans next summer on the field.

This is a strong corps with a long history ... and, I believe, a strong future.

If they build it, people will most definately come.

Edited by oldguard

Based on the relative inexperience of the new design & instructional team and very lackluster turnout at last weekend's Open House (less than 60 auditionees)

I'd say this young man has his work cut out for him.

I am devastated at what has happened to the perennial beast from the east.

:inlove:

any idea what their average turn out is?

Wait, by 60 auditionees, you mean just new people (not including vets), right?