Show your support/disdain for the 2008 Proposals

Hello all,

I've noticed lots of discussion regarding the proposals and the opinions surrounding them. While this community is a great place to speak of the grumblings and praise we have for DCI, the most effective way to get our voices heard is to communicate our thoughts directly to those who will be voting on these proposals. With that in mind, I've created the list below of the members of the DCI Board of Directors:

The Academy

Mark Richardson, Director

mark@arizonaacademy.org

Blue Devils

David Gibbs, Director

admin@bluedevils.org

Blue Knights

Mark Arnold, Director

bknights@bknights.org

Blue Stars

Brad Furlano, Director

brad@bluestars.org

Bluecoats

David Glasgow, Director

dglasgow@bluecoats.com

Boston Crusaders

Tom Spataro, Director

info@crusaders.com

The Cadets

George Hopkins, Director

hopkins@yea.org

Capital Regiment

Rick Bays, Director

info@capitalregiment.org

Carolina Crown

Kevin Smith, Director

crown@carolinacrown.org

Cascades

Mike Leone, Director

cascadesdirector@yahoo.com

The Cavaliers

Jeff Fiedler, Director

director@cavaliers.org

Colts

Greg Orwoll, Director

greg@colts.org

Crossmen

Mark Chambers, Director

mark@crossmen.org

Glassmen

Brian Hickman, Director

brian@glassmen.org

Madison Scouts

Jeff Spanos, Director

executivedirector@madisonscouts.org

Mandarins

Ray Mar, Director

remar747@aol.com

Pacific Crest

Stuart Pompel, Director

pompel@pacific-crest.org

Phantom Regiment

Rick Valenzuela, Director

prinfo@regiment.org

Pioneer

Roman Blenski, Director

dbcpmilw@execpc.com

Santa Clara Vanguard

Jeff Pearson, Director

a-corps@scvanguard.org

Southwind

Mike Loeffelholz, Director

director@southwind.org

Spirit from JSU

Joel Vincent, Director

SpiritJSU@aol.com

Troopers

Fred Morris, Director

info@troopersdrumcorps.org

Feel free to amend information if there is an update or alternate email where you may reach a specific director.

A few tips:

• Speak intelligently - Avoid using languge that makes your point look like it is based on opinion alone. This goes without saying, but, avoid slang, too.
  • Back up your arguments - If you disagree with someone because you feel it is "wrong for the activity",etc., then tell the person why it is wrong for the activity. Cite sources, if you can..
  • Don't write a novel - Be sure to be concise and clear in your points. If you are too long-winded, your email has even less of a chance of being read.
  • Rally your troops! - If you disagree with a proposal that Joe Blow wrote, email everyone BUT Joe Blow to try and change minds. Joe Blow will likely not change his mind...otherwise he'd withdraw his proposal, obviously an unlikely occurance...

Now, lets fill their inboxes with our thoughts! Good luck, all!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very much in favor of proposal 2008-46 and would encourage people to write to all the directors and plead for its consideration. So far, the drum corps community has showed an 87.72% favorable rating for this proposal with only 12.28% not in favor. We are losing drum corps, and drum corps fans every year and we need to make some positive changes that will get us back on track. Proposal 2008-46 is what this activity needs and given your support, we can’t be defeated.

NOW GET TO WRITING THOSE DIRECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by argonaut

Will Southwind and Cap Reg people will be in attendance with their corps being inactive?

Shouldn't it be the instructors in the Instructors' Caucus we should be lobbying? If it doesn't get past them, it won't get to the directors... right?

You are absolutely correct. Instructors can prevent proposals from debate, discussion, and a vote by the Board.

Shouldn't it be the instructors in the Instructors' Caucus we should be lobbying? If it doesn't get past them, it won't get to the directors... right?

...and that is why anything that resembles fiscal sense (or common sense) won't make it to a vote.

All the lobbying in the world will still send electronics to a vote, and kill Tim's proposals...it's kind of pathetic, really.

Personally I think the best way is to try and contact the instructors who will be voting. It's easy to find their emails on all the websites.

If they get enough emails, they'll get the point.

I’m thinking that people who know any dirt on the aforementioned folks that will vote on these proposals should use the information as leverage. Sometimes the threat of that dirt going public might be a powerful influencing tool. :cool:

Do we know who is representing each corps in the Caucus? Is it one instructor per corps?

I'm trying my best to find out. I will let you know as soon as I find out.